Naruto Odyssey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Naruto Odyssey

Welcome to Naruto Odyssey

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Just Like Home [Emiko's Squad, Open]

Go down 
+5
Mitsukai
Miyuki
Okami
Suna Hari
Emiko
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Emiko
Arenokage
Arenokage
Emiko

Ryo : 3700

Just Like Home [Emiko's Squad, Open] Empty
PostSubject: Just Like Home [Emiko's Squad, Open]   Just Like Home [Emiko's Squad, Open] EmptyMon Jan 04, 2016 11:26 am

Emiko didn't waste any time getting to the Holeman Clinic: leading Suna and Miyuki there. She knew it would take time for the messenger bird to reach Morigakure and then time for Okami to reach the desert even if he was super fast: crossing water was never a fun thing in her opinion, especially if one chose to waste all of their chakra running across it and the ocean that separated Morigakure from Sabakugakure was vast and wide. Yet for some reason she still expected him to show up fairly soon and she didn't want to leave anyone waiting around in the hot sun.

Emiko glanced around with her golden colored eyes as they walked down the semi-busy street. She was expecting her younger sister to come out of nowhere and 'attack' her at a moment's notice with hugs. As the thought crossed her mind she realized she should say something beforehand so her squad didn't think she was being attacked. "Just so you know expect a little red riding hood dressed girl to come out of nowhere and fling herself at me: she's my sister. She's a bit... forceful with her hugs." Emiko would chuckle some: she really didn't mind given that Mitsukai was the only family member she really had left that she cared about.

"I just didn't want either one of you to think I was being attacked by a little red blur." It didn't take her long to find the Holeman Clinic, even without asking for directions. Instead of going in she simply leaned against the building side, looking up and down the street for Okami while trying to stay within the shade of the building. "We'll wait here for Okami and if he doesn't show up soon we'll go pop inside... don't want to wait out here all day in this heat."
Back to top Go down
Suna Hari
Special Jounin
Special Jounin
Suna Hari

Ryo : 12555

PostSubject: Re: Just Like Home [Emiko's Squad, Open]   Just Like Home [Emiko's Squad, Open] EmptyMon Jan 04, 2016 11:45 am

(Current Word count = 1,725)

The heat didn't bother him at all. Suna was built for this kind of weather; born in it, raised in it. He started to wonder why it was the Mori ANBU that came and "rescued" him instead of Sabaku ANBU. He didn't voice this out loud though. Had he not been taken to Mori, he wouldn't know the things he knew right then. Everything happened for a reason; someone had once told him this.

Emiko said a girl dressed like little red riding hood would run up and attack her. Suna didn't know who red riding hood was, but he expected a girl dressed in red. This was Emiko's little sister. She was telling them beforehand so that he and Miyuki didn't think she was being attacked. They approached a building, assuming this was where Holeman lived. Emiko said they'd wait for Okami to show up before they went in.

Suna wasn't trying to think about that lobster at the moment, and kneeled while causing some of his sand to spill out of his gourd to begin mixing with the surrounding sand. The yellow substance beneath them began to move and churn as if something underneath it was alive. Suna thought while they waited it would be a good idea to make new lenses that would greatly boost his sight, enabling him to see better than most.

Manipulation:

Chakra Used: 25
Chakra Remaining: 1,150
Back to top Go down
Okami
Special Jounin
Special Jounin
Okami

Ryo : 4865

PostSubject: Re: Just Like Home [Emiko's Squad, Open]   Just Like Home [Emiko's Squad, Open] EmptyMon Jan 04, 2016 12:04 pm

Yawning, Okami walked up to the others in his little group with a smile. It had taken him a little bit to find the Holeman Clinic, asking the locals where it was. The sun's heat bore down upon him with an intensity that he didn't expect. He had, of course, been too hasty for a boat and ran across the ocean. It wasn't TOO far away, he had found out, as he managed to make it there in a few hours. He was wearing his typical Uchiha garb, with his headband wrapped loosely around his neck. A white rope held his katana in it's place at his side as he squinted. Was it just him, or did the other two have new headbands?

"Hey guys! I was wondering if I had gotten the right place. It's so hard to tell, what with all the buildings looking the same. At least, that's what it seems like to me. So, what'd all of you learn in Kurayami? Last time I was there it was nice, but I didn't manage to get any training in with the locals. I'm sure you guys heard about it, but I got into it with a Missing-nin and one of their shinobi. Didn't end too well. Anyway, I figured I'd ask you guys now so that there are no surprises later."

Waiting for the group to answer, Okami would chuckle and reach into his pockets, keeping his thumbs out so that his hands didn't get stuck if he had to react to anything. As he listened to their responses, he would nod in understanding. He wasn't a jealous person by any means, so whatever they told him they were training was fine. In fact, once they were done he would turn to Emiko, asking her a question while letting the other two listen in.

"Emiko-sensei, would it be all right if I taught them something cool, too? It won't take too long, since they seem to be quick learners."

WC: 1,351 (This post + First Day Home)
Back to top Go down
Miyuki
Chuunin
Chuunin
Miyuki

Ryo : 10000

PostSubject: Re: Just Like Home [Emiko's Squad, Open]   Just Like Home [Emiko's Squad, Open] EmptyMon Jan 04, 2016 1:03 pm

Sabakugakure no Sato was definitely a very large village. The heat was definitely worse than the tropical weather back in Morigakure but it was nice all the same. It was dry instead of moist making it far more bearable than it would have been otherwise. She kept close to Suna and Emiko, looking around at all of the new sights to be seen around: these people had a culture all of their own and it was definitely interesting to witness.

When they reached the Holeman Clinic Miyuki ducked under the shade next to Emiko: her paleness meant she would burn easily and despite having a high ranked medic as a sensei she had no intentions of dealing with sunburn.

Miyuki figured it would take a while for Okami to appear but that wasn't the case. He showed up inquiring as to what they learned and Miyuki simply raised her eyebrows in a 'are you kidding?' sort of way. "Lots of stuff...", was what she decided on saying. She had no intentions of going into detail about everything: she didn't trust him like she did Suna and her sensei, so she wasn't going to list off all of the things she had learned since being in Kurayamigakure.

Okami asked Emiko about teaching them something and Miyuki simply looked over to Suna, brows raising again as she watched him manipulate the sand. What would Emiko say to Okami? She didn't think he would have anything she would be interested in learning considering everything she knew now.
Back to top Go down
Emiko
Arenokage
Arenokage
Emiko

PostSubject: Re: Just Like Home [Emiko's Squad, Open]   Just Like Home [Emiko's Squad, Open] EmptyMon Jan 04, 2016 1:40 pm

Okami appeared fairly quickly: more quickly than Emiko had been expecting that was for sure. He greeted everyone and then asked them what they had learned in Kurayamigakure. Emiko glanced sideways to Miyuki, eyebrows raising at her comment. She said lots of stuff but didn't go into detail what those things were: apparently she had been okay with herself and Suna knowing what she had learned but not Okami - Emiko had expected as much. She wasn't going to force them to tell either, it was their business and their abilities, if they wished to share them then they would.

When Okami asked her about teaching Suna and Miyuki something she focused her attention back onto Okami. "That is up to you; and up to them if they are willing to learn something from you."
Back to top Go down
Mitsukai
Jounin (S)
Jounin (S)
Mitsukai

Ryo : 1400

PostSubject: Re: Just Like Home [Emiko's Squad, Open]   Just Like Home [Emiko's Squad, Open] EmptyMon Jan 04, 2016 1:41 pm

"HIIIIIYAAAAAAAH!", came Mitsukai's shout as she jumped down from the building nearby and landed in a crouch on the ground. She ran at full speed straight towards Emiko, a red blur due to her red hooded cloak. Was she attacking the other female? It would certainly appear that way, surely.

But, that wasn't the case despite her being heavily armed with her gunscythe folded at her hip.

Mitsukai would dart in arms opening into a hug as she reached within a foot of her sister. As she barreled into the other female she would hug her and cling to her: grinning from ear to ear. "Emiko! I missed you so much! Who are your friends?"
Back to top Go down
Suna Hari
Special Jounin
Special Jounin
Suna Hari

PostSubject: Re: Just Like Home [Emiko's Squad, Open]   Just Like Home [Emiko's Squad, Open] EmptyMon Jan 04, 2016 1:52 pm

(Current Word Count = 2,042)

"I learned how to kill you."

That was all he was going to say about it. Suna didn't even look in his direction as he came up, trying to sound and act friendly; like they were old friends, which they were far from. There was no way he was going to reveal everything he'd just learned in the dark village with him of all people. Suna had visibly changed some.  His gourd was much bigger than it once was. The muscles in his arms and legs had more definition. 

Suna just continued with his work with the sand even as Okami offered to teach them something himself. Suna stood back to his feet - standing slightly taller than he was when he left Morigakure - with his arms slightly spread out from his sides, his hands open, resembling a wizard while the sand seemed to lift from the ground by itself in the shape of tubes, resembling snakes. There were 4 in number surrounding him. The snake-like tubes converged in front of him to begin forming 2 circular shapes the size of the lenses on his mask.

These were no ordinary lenses, meaning Suna had to bombard them with lots of sand so that the lenses could be focused enough to boost his vision, but not too much to ruin his sight. Suna looked through the lenses every so often to test them. Sabaku villagers stopped to watch what Suna was doing in fascination, but he didn't seem to notice, or care. The lenses were coming along perfectly. When the girl in red appeared and ran towards Emiko, Suna already knew that this had to be the little sister she spoke of. Miyuki would know too, but Okami... Suna just hoped that he didn't do anything stupid and make them look bad.

Chakra Used: 25
Chakra Remaining: 1,125
Back to top Go down
Okami
Special Jounin
Special Jounin
Okami

PostSubject: Re: Just Like Home [Emiko's Squad, Open]   Just Like Home [Emiko's Squad, Open] EmptyMon Jan 04, 2016 2:37 pm

Sighing in exasperation at Suna's comment, Okami would watch in amusement as the newcomer came and practically tackled Emiko. They seemed to know each other well, in the least, so she definitely wasn't a threat. He would even laugh a little at the scene. Turning to Miyuki and Suna, He would chuckle a little more before explaining further what he had in mind. He had something good planned for them, after all.

"Well, now that they seem to be reunited, I guess it's up to you guys to find out whether or not you want to learn this technique. Suna, you'll even be able to use this against me when you go for your revenge. The jutsu itself is around A-Rank in difficulty, but it's...unique, in that you have the ability to use it as a basis to create new, more powerful jutsu. It's name is the Rasengan."

Holding out his hand, palm upward and clawed, he began to mold chakra into it. Spinning the invisible glob of blue chakra, he would begin to form it as it slowly came into view for the two. By the time it was fully formed and visible, it would be a skull-sized ball of hyper-fast chakra grinding against itself violently. Letting it spin around an inch above his palm, he would smile at the two and allow himself to stare into the depths of the orb for a moment before meeting their eyes. Letting it die out, he would slowly toss a ball to each of his two companions.

"These balls are filled with oil, making it a bit harder to move your chakra within it. I want you guys to pop it by moving the oil inside with your chakra This will teach you the necessary Change in Chakra Form, as the Rasengan is considered the pinnacle of Chakra Form. After you've done this, I want you to put a little spin on it, no pun intended. This is something I'm working on myself, in fact. What I want you to do is perform Change in Chakra Nature at the same time as forming a Rasengan. If you do, the Rasengan will take on the same element as the chakra you use. For example, I've been working on adding my Katon to it, to make a Fire Style Rasengan. Once you've done that, you can play with it a little to create a completely new jutsu. It's said that someone centuries ago was able to recreate it into a shuriken, but I digress. The technique itself was invented in the image of the legendary Tailed Beast Ball, in fact. Would either of you two like to try, too?" Okami would say, holding out another pair of oil-filled balls to Emiko and the newcomer. He had his trademark wolfish grin on his face, and was completely comfortable around his companions, so much so that the others would be able to pick up on his happiness. He had finally become accustomed to his life as a Genin again, and was happy to help out his new squadmates learn a new jutsu.

Jutsu/Chakra Used:

WC: 1,871
Back to top Go down
Holeman
Jounin (A)
Jounin (A)
Holeman

Ryo : 5000

PostSubject: Re: Just Like Home [Emiko's Squad, Open]   Just Like Home [Emiko's Squad, Open] EmptyMon Jan 04, 2016 3:48 pm

"Hmm. The tension is thick here. You can cut it with a knife..."

A kid was standing in the doorway of the Holeman Clinic. He stood exactly 4 feet tall. The kid was wearing the standard dark blue short sleeved Uchiha Clan shirt, with the big red and white fan symbol on the back. He wore red knee length shorts, red sandals and had on a special pair of red gloves with the fingers missing of his own creation. The strangest thing about this kid had to be the red du-rag tied on his head that was situated to cover his eyes. He also had on a pair of red headphones. To be so small, he was toned and muscular as if he lifted weights everyday.

This was Holeman, The Chosen One, named after the very clan itself because of the things he'd done in his short life. A prodigy, he'd performed complex surgeries and was the second in his clan, the first being the founder of the Holemans, to combine lightning and water to form Storm Release; both at only 5 years of age. He'd known Mitsukai since he was in diapers, and Emiko nearly almost as long, so both were the same as family.

Holeman, wearing his trademark grin that very, very rarely ever left his face, was next to come and give Emiko a hug. "You still smell like blood," he said, wiping his very sensitive nose. "Couldn't you like, pour some perfume in that gourd of yours or something? Heheheh/"

Holeman turned to "look" towards Suna, who also had a gourd, but didn't smell like blood, a girl with a fan, and a grown man with many scars, some of which looked fresh, who highly resembled a Uchiha. Suna and Miyuki both had lots of chakra in them to be so young, which meant they had to be training. "So, Emiko, what brings you around here today? ...Um. I'm probably going to be sorry I asked this, but...  something tells me that these three, who have to be your students, don't exactly... get along. There has to be a reason you have a grown man on a squad with 2 kids who look maybe a couple of years older than me, right? I'm sure there's a drama filled story there..."
Back to top Go down
Miyuki
Chuunin
Chuunin
Miyuki

PostSubject: Re: Just Like Home [Emiko's Squad, Open]   Just Like Home [Emiko's Squad, Open] EmptyMon Jan 04, 2016 4:17 pm

What could only be described as a red blur shouted, landed, and then hurled itself at Emiko. Miyuki didn't react since she figured that this had to be the sister Emiko was speaking about. Sure enough all the girl was doing was hugging Emiko and looking quite excited about seeing her: making Miyuki think that it had been a while since they had last been around each other. Not wanting to think too long about family she turned her attention onto Okami and shook her head.

"No thanks. That kind of ability seems like something to be used pretty close and I have no intentions of allowing anyone to get that close to me - or getting that close to them myself." She was trying to be polite at least. She didn't want to learn anything from Okami because she didn't want to feel like she owed him; plus, she was still pretty weary about being around him due to his sister complex she had picked up on due to her clan telepathic abilities.

She was about to look back to Suna and continue to watch him as he went about making his new lenses - watching him work with sand was quite fascinating to her - when another individual arrived and hugged Emiko. She looked over, giggling a bit at his comment about Emiko smelling like blood: it was something Miyuki was beginning to get used to. This individual was asking about the tension, about the story surrounding all of them. She found herself curiously wondering what all Emiko would actually say.
Back to top Go down
Emiko
Arenokage
Arenokage
Emiko

PostSubject: Re: Just Like Home [Emiko's Squad, Open]   Just Like Home [Emiko's Squad, Open] EmptyMon Jan 04, 2016 4:26 pm

Just like she thought her sister came barreling out of nowhere and hugged her. Emiko chuckled, hugginng her back as the cork of her gourd popped out and out rose some sand. This sand turned into a hand and gave what was clearly a wave; Shukaku's way of saying hello while not being threatening - her inner demon was rather fond of her sister, and protective too. Then Holeman had arrived and she returned his hug as well, chuckling at his comment.

"Tell you what; come up with a powdered perfume I can mix with my sand and I'll give it a try.", she said with another chuckle. "This is my sister Mitsukai and her best friend Holeman. Holeman, Mits, this is my team: Miyuki, Suna, and Okami.", she would introduce everyone.

She listened then as Miyuki told Okami that she wasn't interested in learning his technique: Emiko had a feeling that was going to be the case - the tension was beginning to worry her. Eventually she was going to have to write to Temaki and explain how things were definitely not progressing.

At Holeman's question a thoughtful expression appeared on her face. "Okami here got himself into trouble over in Kurayamigakure with Alec and them when he was visiting. When he got home to his village he got himself into a bit more trouble over a situation dealing with Suna and Miyuki here as their sensei. The Harukage decided to punish him by demoting him to Genin to make him go through a relearning process." Short, and least dramatic as possible. If everyone else felt like explaining more that was their business: it wasn't exactly her story to tell, so she offered up just the basics - enough to explain things.
Back to top Go down
Mitsukai
Jounin (S)
Jounin (S)
Mitsukai

PostSubject: Re: Just Like Home [Emiko's Squad, Open]   Just Like Home [Emiko's Squad, Open] EmptyMon Jan 04, 2016 4:32 pm

Mitsukai looked over to Miyuki, Suna, and Okami as Emiko introduced all of them. Holeman mentioned that he picked up on the tension between everyone, something she had too, but she had little interest in getting involved with their problems. She wanted to be friends with everyone: it was as simple as that. Their drama simply was not her business.

"Whelp. I'm not in this.", Mitsukai said simply. She reached beneath her red cloak and pulled from a pouch a bag of freshly baked cookies. "Cookies anyone?", Mitsukai asked, smiling. Nope, she wasn't choosing sides in their issues at all.
Back to top Go down
Suna Hari
Special Jounin
Special Jounin
Suna Hari

PostSubject: Re: Just Like Home [Emiko's Squad, Open]   Just Like Home [Emiko's Squad, Open] EmptyMon Jan 04, 2016 5:09 pm

(Current Word Count = 2,576)

Well it seemed like Okami just blew that off. He even said that he could use what he wanted to teach Suna on him when he decided to have his revenge. He began to explain how the technique worked, and then demonstrated it, but Suna had his back to him. His full concentration was on creating his new glass lenses from the sand around them. Suna held his hands in front of him as the lenses were complete and focused just the way he wanted them, letting his new creations fall into his gloved hands. He brushed off the excess sand and used the strap that held his gourd to his back to polish them.

A ball of some sort hit the ground and rolled over nearby him. Suna looked down at the ball once, then back to his lenses. "...You know, I am curious as to why you couldn't have done this to begin with, and instead opted for trying to make us fetch bells like dogs," Suna said. "Only to have a sword nearly drawn on me when I refused, to either kill or humiliate me. Either way, it doesn't really matter anymore, cause you no longer stand a chance, lobster."

Suna turned to face them, putting the new lenses in his pocket. "...Let's just say Kurai - you know him, the awesome guy who gave you a beating? - taught me some really cool stuff, along with another awesome guy named Kinzoku, who has a gourd like me and coach, except his is made of metal... and i'm pretty sure I could wipe the floor with you right now, no sweat... But what for? A couple of seconds of satisfaction? It's not gonna change what happened that day, and i'm still gonna get mad whenever I think about it. I'm not gonna take what my teachers taught me and use it for my own selfish wishes. So keep breathing for all I care... but make no mistake, you and me will never be friends. So as long as you stay out of my face we won't have any problems."

Suna's sand returned to his gourd, along with his cork. "Oh yeah, something else. While I was in the dark village I got a full education on those eyes of yours, and how you're supposed to go about getting them stronger. I also know you've had your eye on Miyuki and you keep trying to see her as this little sister or whatever.  If you think you're gonna use her to get these... mangy... monkey co or whatever those friggin eyes are called you better think again, and i'll tell you now, if I even SUSPECT that you're gonna try something funny on her I will turn you into a red stain, and I will not hesitate."

Suna never thought he'd be threatening someone's life over a girl. But she was the first, besides Emiko, to talk to him and treat him like a person and not a weapon or a freak. He'd be damned if anything happened to her while he could do something about it.
Back to top Go down
Okami
Special Jounin
Special Jounin
Okami

PostSubject: Re: Just Like Home [Emiko's Squad, Open]   Just Like Home [Emiko's Squad, Open] EmptyMon Jan 04, 2016 5:56 pm

Okami let the Rasengan sputter and die as he gritted his teeth. Blinking, his Sharingan flared to life in rage at what Suna had just suggested. Obviously, whomever had taught him about the Sharingan had either read the Uchiha Stone Tablet or had stolen a pair of eyes himself. Likely both, since one needed Sharingan to read the damned thing from end to end. Besides, claiming he had a full education was false. Only the Uchiha could recite the ancient verses, or those who had read the Tablet anyway.

"How DARE you suggest I would use Miyuki, or Emiko, or even YOU to unlock the Mangekyo Sharingan! If you had actually had a full education, you would know EXACTLY what it entails when someone gains those eyes. I have read the Uchiha Stone Tablet. Uchiha are cursed with an overdeveloped sense of emotions, specifically love for one's family and friends. This causes us to form extreme bonds, and when one of those bonds is threatened, a special chakra is secreted into our eyes, unlocking the Sharingan. This goes back to our ancestor Indra Otsutsuki, the eldest son of the Sage of Six Paths, who inherited his "eyes". When one of those bonds is broken once one of our loved ones die, the sense of LOSS envelopes us, pouring even more of that special chakra into our eyes than normal. This unlocks the legendary Mangekyo Sharingan, the heavenly eyes that see the truth of all of creation without obstruction. The very ability itself eventually renders us blind, however, the power it grants us is immense. Those eyes come with a curse, one known as the Curse of Hatred. It was said to be broken several hundred years ago, but each individual must battle it on their own. The very unlocking of the Mangekyo Sharingan is so emotionally painful that many are driven to hatred and despair. Simply killing someone you THINK you are close to isn't enough, nor is watching them die. The sheer emotion is required, and it breaks those who feel it. I wouldn't wish it on anyone!"

As he spoke, Okami's eyes would spiral in and out, the single tomoe swirling about his pupil in a wrathful gaze that most would shrink under. Just the suggestion was an awful thing. He couldn't imagine going through enough pain to cause the Mangekyo Sharingan. The ordinary Sharingan was caused by fear, and that alone was bad enough. But to add loss, and on purpose? Unthinkable.

"I would NEVER hurt any of you! I think of you all as family, even you, Suna! I would die to protect you, and that is the ONLY reason I wanted Emiko to attack me the first day we met. These eyes of mine are to protect those I hold dear, and to sully them by killing one of those I care for would be blasphemy. I care for Miyuki as a little sister because I understood what she was going through. I grew up through Hell with my family, and she reminds me of that. I never want another thing to hurt her. Hell, if I knew more than the basics about what you went through, I would have thought of you as a brother SOONER. If I lost either of you, or Emiko-sensei, the pain would tear me in half. My ancestor made the mistake of succumbing to the Curse of Hatred, nearly destroying everything, but I won't. I'll protect the three of you with my life, if it comes down to it. That is my Nindo. I lost one squad already, and I don't want to lose another..."

With this came the tears. Have you ever seen someone with red eyes cry? It enhances the crimson iris perfectly. For an Uchiha, eyes were everything, and he would give his to protect the three people before him. He swore it, right then and there, not caring if the infamous Kamizuki Clan that Miyuki belonged to could reportedly read minds. If she could, she'd sense everything he's said and, even more so, what he'd left unsaid. He truthfully regretted pulling the sword that sat at his side that day. He really did think of them all as family, a little brother and a pair of sisters that he had to protect with his life. And, most of all, he would have done that even without the Uchiha bond thing. He was really just that caring.

Jutsu/Chakra Used:

WC: 2,612
Back to top Go down
Holeman
Jounin (A)
Jounin (A)
Holeman

PostSubject: Re: Just Like Home [Emiko's Squad, Open]   Just Like Home [Emiko's Squad, Open] EmptyMon Jan 04, 2016 6:39 pm

Holeman didn't like drama. Above all else, if it was one thing he absolutely did not like, it was drama.

Holeman put it all together himself. From what he was told, He speculated that Suna and the girl Miyuki were once students of Okami here. Okami attempted the bell test with them, but through his own observations and experience, Suna and Miyuki were both long range fighters, and Okami was a Uchiha. Meaning, it wouldn't have worked out well. Suna objected to it, which prompted Okami to draw a sword on him, or try to at the very least.

Before this, he'd gone to Kurayamigakure and got into some kind of situation with Alec and his bunch, and according to what Suna just said, this brought fourth a beat down from Kurai the Ape Sage. At the end of it all, he was demoted back to Genin and put on the very squad that he'd started problems with. Suna, after traveling to Kurayami and being trained by Kurai and Kinzoku, must have had plans to kill Okami, but probably because of his training he'd decided that killing him wasn't worth it.

It appeared that Okami was trying like hell to make things right with Suna and Miyuki, but with the way Miyuki was acting, and from what Suna said, the chances of them all being buddy buddy were little to none. And what Suna said sent Okami into the famous Uchiha rage, reciting off a long speech about the eyes and the curse of hatred, and from here it looked like things could have turned violent.

"Okay!" Holeman said, loud enough for all of them to hear. "So I can see this is definitely a lively squad here! But you guys are gonna have to calm it down. I'm not one to take sides; I don't know what happened and to be honest? I don't care! Hahahah! If it weren't for Emiko, i'd be kicking the both of you out of here, because my family lives in this building! And if anything happens to anyone in there, you're both dead!" Holeman said this in complete confidence, still with his grin on his face. "I know I may be small, but please try me if you think you have a chance!"

With that out of the way, Holeman turned back to Emiko. "You must have your hands full with these two, Emiko. I can guess you came here for a reason, can you tell me what it is?"
Back to top Go down
Miyuki
Chuunin
Chuunin
Miyuki

PostSubject: Re: Just Like Home [Emiko's Squad, Open]   Just Like Home [Emiko's Squad, Open] EmptyMon Jan 04, 2016 7:55 pm

Miyuki was beginning to tire of this situation. Okami seemed determined to wrap himself around them somehow, now even going so far as to recite a speech due to Suna's comment about what he would do to Okami if he tried exploiting Miyuki to further his eyes. Okami even began to cry afterward.

Holeman said that if it wasn't for Emiko he would have kicked them both out becuase his family lived in the building and he didn't want them in any danger which was completely understandable.

Miyuki could sense Okami's unrestrained emotions and was beginning to feel overwhelmed. She wasn't so good around people and she had been pushing herself pretty hard. She reached up, rubbing at the old scar across her throat. "I'm going to go for a walk... I'll be back in a bit." Miyuki's hands were already beginning to shake and she knew a freakout was coming soon; so without waiting for actual permission or to be offically dismissed she turned and headed back the way they had come: she had saw a nice park nearby and figured maybe that would help her feel better.

[Exit Unless Stopped]
Back to top Go down
Emiko
Arenokage
Arenokage
Emiko

PostSubject: Re: Just Like Home [Emiko's Squad, Open]   Just Like Home [Emiko's Squad, Open] EmptyMon Jan 04, 2016 8:09 pm

Okami freaked out: a long speech was had about the power behind the eyes, the amount of emotion needed to activate them, and how he would never want to feel something like that. He was pissed off that Suna would even suggest such a thing but in all honesty with the way Okami had been acting she couldn't blame him for his assumption. Holeman spoke up saying that everyone needed to calm down, and that if anyone put the people within the building they were standing outside of in danger he would kill them: she expected as much given how protective he was of his family, and she couldn't exactly blame him with the tensions running so high.

Miyuki apparently had had enough and said something about taking a walk before leaving. The girl was rubbing the old scar at her throat, one of various scars Emiko knew personally covered the young female. Emiko frowned deeply and sighed. "... Damnit." Emiko wasn't going to try and stop her: she needed her space and Emiko would give it to her - she would check on her soon to make sure she was alright though.

Emiko turned her attention to Okami and pointed a finger at him. In a lethal and yet exceptionally soft voice she would speak, "I'm going to tell you this right now Okami Uchiha: you need to calm yourself down. Go take a walk and relax for a while. Leave Miyuki alone and do not follow her - she needs to be able to calm down." She was essentially dismissing Okami for a while. She would have to figure out what she was doing when it came to this squad: with how broken things were it wasn't going to work. Okami was trying too hard to get back in their good graces where as Suna and Miyuki wanted nothing to do with him. They didn't even trust him enough to let him know what they learned.

Shaking her head some with a sigh she would look over to Holeman. "Suna here is interested in learning medical ninjutsu. I wanted to teach him some special poisons but I'm out of supplies. I was hoping you could point me to the nearest greenhouse - and I figured maybe you could give him a few tips too if you didn't mind?"
Back to top Go down
Mitsukai
Jounin (S)
Jounin (S)
Mitsukai

PostSubject: Re: Just Like Home [Emiko's Squad, Open]   Just Like Home [Emiko's Squad, Open] EmptyMon Jan 04, 2016 8:13 pm

"...Oh boy." This situation had certainly escalated quickly. Rage, anger, hatred, and then Holeman throwing out death threats. Mitsukai probably would have laughed were it not for the fact that she knew Holeman was dead serious. Suna and Okami would likely never get along, that much she could see, so she figured they'd be better off avoiding each other when they could.

The girl who was with them rubbed at a scar, a scar that looked like someone had clearly tried to slit her throat open, before turning and leaving to go take a walk. She looked upset, and she clearly wanted her space. Mitsukai didn't want the girl to end up getting lost and hurt so she looked to Emiko and gave her another quick hug after she dismissed Okami and told him to go take a walk too. "I'm going to go follow Miyuki and make sure she doesn't get lost or anything. i'll catch up with you later; specially if you guys are gonna talk medical stuff: this way I'm not interupting with a million questions."

She stuck her tongue out playfully, waved goodbye, and then was off via the rooftops so that she could ensure the young girl stayed safe and didn't get lost.

-Exxxxxxxxxiiiiiittt-
Back to top Go down
Suna Hari
Special Jounin
Special Jounin
Suna Hari

PostSubject: Re: Just Like Home [Emiko's Squad, Open]   Just Like Home [Emiko's Squad, Open] EmptyMon Jan 04, 2016 8:32 pm

(Current Word Count = 2,964)

....Annnd que the emo rage. When the teeth showed and the eyes turned red, Suna's arms folded and the cork to the gourd came off. Brown sand came fourth, spilling itself before Suna, ready to be manipulated. Suna was taking no more chances. Were he to run up again, it was game over for the emolester.

But no, it was speech time. He went into a long rant about Uchiha's feelings, eyes, and blah blah blah. Most of the crap that spewed fourth from his lips Suna didn't even bother to listen to. He knew now that all Uchiha weren't like this. Akira and Heiwa in Kurayamigakure were cool enough, just like Kane's wife Avery.

Okami kept on yapping though, ranting that he wanted to "protect" them. Suna almost found that laughable. He was above him now; a kid, above a grown man, in rank and ability. If anyone needed protecting it was Okami. "Yeah yeah yeah," Suna said in the middle of his speech, interrupting him blatantly. "I don't need you to do anything for me, least of all protect me. You're a joke, dude..."

Holeman said he wasn't on anyone's side. He said he had family in this building and that if anything happened to them, he and Okami were dead. Suna didn't doubt this. Holeman had to be something special to be so young and have muscles like those. No doubt, even with all of his newfound skills, the kid probably had a way to mop the floor with both he and Okami at the same time. Suna wanted to learn some things from him, so he wasn't going to piss him off. Suna couldn't say the same of Okami.

Miyuki, knowing some of her history now, was close to freaking out at what she was seeing. "Good job, idiot. You know what happened to her and yet you still fly off into your emo rage. What a moron..." Suna shook his head and looked to Holeman as Emiko told Okami to take a chill pill and walk it off. "I apologize, Holeman. Emiko was teaching me meds and said you were really good at it. I was hoping you could teach me a few things? If it's not too much trouble...."
Back to top Go down
Okami
Special Jounin
Special Jounin
Okami

PostSubject: Re: Just Like Home [Emiko's Squad, Open]   Just Like Home [Emiko's Squad, Open] EmptyMon Jan 04, 2016 9:30 pm

0800#words
0755#chakra

#Genin
#TotalWC-3,412
©2013 caliburn

Watching the sand carefully, Okami would see that the chakra within it had gotten stronger. The movement, however, was nowhere close to his own speed, though. If he cold bypass it....No. He wouldn't act like that. He wouldn't pull his sword, no matter how belligerent the younger male proved to be. No matter what he had learned, he couldn't keep up with Okami's natural reflexes yet, and couldn't get a jutsu or anything off to defend himself. If he killed Suna in a fit of rage, it would be no better than if Kurai had killed him that day. The strong needed to protect those close to them, even if they were upstart teenagers. Not to mention what would happen next time he got in trouble. He had been put on this team as a second chance, not to fuck up again. If he did, Temaki would likely kill him instead of giving him a choice of exile.

"You're a spoiled brat who doesn't even know the half of it. You DO know that Kurai threatened me first, right, or did he neglect to tell you that little fact? Sure, he kicked my ass and damn near killed me, but that was after I began to draw my sword to protect myself. All over 10,000 Ryo, that he probably spent on living expenses. I don't hold it against him personally, but you seem to be...misinformed."

Okami would then be interrupted by Holeman subtly inserting that if his family were threatened, they would both be dead. With his Sharingan, Okami could physically SEE the intense chakra the man had. Suna, on the other hand, appeared to have less than Okami, except with a seal boosting his chakra reserves to be on par with the former Jounin's. As he said this, Miyuki left, apparently beginning to have a breakdown from all the commotion. He could tell because of the way her chakra was moving, waving back and forth rapidly like static on a television, and from what he knew of her. The tension in the squad was reaching an all-time high, and it was getting to all three of them.

Okami began to settle down at that moment...except Suna couldn't keep his damned mouth shut. Saying something about him was fine, but to bring Miyuki into the little spat between them? Oh. HELL. No. Disrespecting him was fine, but to bring someone so...innocent into it? That was completely uncalled for. Emiko's finger came into his field of view, along with words of admonition, but they were unnecessary. Okami had gone dead silent, Sharingan narrowing and body relaxing. It was the stance of a highly-trained killer, and Emiko would at least recognize it. He was beyond furious. Suna had just tapped into the cold, sadistic side of him, one that was calulating 173 different places on the sandy bastard's body that he could slice into to disable him completely for the rest of his life. Except he wouldn't do that. In short, clipped tones that would freeze over Hell itself, Okami would close his eyes and turn to Emiko.

"After you're done with this sand-for-brains and the young Master Holeman here, I would like to speak to you around the corner. I will be waiting patiently for you, Sensei." He would say, as calmly as a forest in winter before bowing. Stalking around the corner, he would put his back against the wall, sliding to the ground with an ear to what was going on. Apparently Suna wanted to learn more Medical Ninjutsu? Fair enough. Okami himself wanted to learn something too, something he thought Emiko would be able to help with.

Once she had came around the corner, Okami would sigh, letting out any remaining stress in his body. He was completely relaxed, in the perfect killing zen until that moment. He could fully unwind around Emiko. As he had said earlier, he thought of her as a sister too. Standing up, she would notice that he would have deactivated his Sharingan, as he didn't need it. Letting out a huge breath, he would speak with a passion and a laugh.

"Well, that went over like licking a lamp-post in winter. I...wanted to apologize for the way I acted, and I wanted to ask a favor. I need to get faster. Because of my rank, I know you can't technically teach me to be naturally faster, but I need to be beyond fast. My entire fighting style relies on my physical and reaction speed, and if I can't keep up with someone, I'll likely pay for it dearly. While I have my Sharingan active, it's like everything is in slow motion, including myself. I'd like to change that. Do you know anyone that can help me?"
jutsu log

Name: Sharingan (One Tomoe)
Canon/Custom: Canon
Type: Supplementary
Element: None
Range: Self
Specialty: -
Duration: Until cancelled, 10 chakra drain per post
Cooldown: 3 posts
Description: The infamous dojutsu of the Uchiha clan, The first of the Sharingan's powers is being able to see the flow of chakra. The Sharingan itself gives colour to chakra, allowing the wielder to differentiate them.They are also able to tell if a person is under a genjutsu because the person's chakra flow would be irregular. The Sharingan's second-most prominent ability grants the user an incredible clarity of perception, allowing them to easily recognize genjutsu and different forms of chakra, though not to the same extent as the Byakugan. This also allows the user to pick up on subtle details, enabling them to read lip movements or mimic something like pencil movements. As the Sharingan evolves, gaining more tomoe, this ability extends to being able to track fast-moving objects before finally giving some amount of predictive capabilities to the user, allowing them to see the image of an attacker's next move from the slightest muscle tension in their body and counter-attack or dodge without any wasted movement. However, even though the user may be able to see an attack or know it is coming, their body may not always have time to react. The user can memorize ninjutsu, genjutsu, and taijutsu with near-perfect accuracy, allowing the user to use the techniques as their own, or even modify them to create their own new techniques. In order to reproduce a copied technique, however, one must have the necessary skill or ability to perform them. The wielder of the Sharingan, through continued use and training, changes its form further, which involves the eye maturing fully until it has three tomoe. As the Sharingan develops, the user gains heightened abilities through the heightened ocular sense.

Each tomoe must be gained through a time of extreme emotional stress, generally a real fear of the death of oneself or a loved one or a reaction to a loved one dying in an unnatural manner, with a word count accompanying the awakening of each tomoe.
Back to top Go down
Holeman
Jounin (A)
Jounin (A)
Holeman

PostSubject: Re: Just Like Home [Emiko's Squad, Open]   Just Like Home [Emiko's Squad, Open] EmptyMon Jan 04, 2016 9:49 pm

When Okami started talking, Holeman grabbed Suna's arm and lead him towards the entrance to the Holeman clinic. This was getting out of hand with how people kept running their mouths back and fourth. If the words kept flying, soon it would be fists, kunai and jutsu. The last thing he wanted was for a fight to break out so close to all of his brothers, sisters, cousins, and not to mention his pregnant mother and older sister.

"So, uh, yeah! Emiko, i'll see to Suna," Holeman said behind him to Emiko while Okami raged on. "Can you do something with this guy before my mom comes downstairs? She's pregnant with twins and scarier than a grizzly bear when she gets angry, and if he even looks at my mom wrong i'm afraid of what'll happen to him, get it? I have to keep this area calm and peaceful, it's a hospital. If you think this is crazy, imagine 2 hormonal pregnant women! Hahahaha! Oh, and when you're done, go around back of the clinic! You can grab everything you need from my garden, free of charge!"

Holeman took Suna inside  of the air conditioned building. The front room was clean; the walls and floor the color white. there were 2 comfortable looking chairs on either side of a table that had magazines. The rear of the room had a counter with a door to get behind it on one end. Behind the counter were shelves and file cabinets. There was a door next to the right most file cabinet that lead into the back, with covers over it as a door. the sound of children could be heard back there.

"That's a messed up situation Suna, but try to put that out of your mind for now," Holeman said, letting go of Suna's arm and looking up at him with his grin. "Emiko's like my big sister, she has to see that that situation won't get any better with that guy.  If I know her he'll be out of your hair soon. So!... I can see you have quite a lot of chakra built up in ya. So you wanna be a Medic? I can teach you a few things... but, why do you wanna be a medic?"
Back to top Go down
Emiko
Arenokage
Arenokage
Emiko

PostSubject: Re: Just Like Home [Emiko's Squad, Open]   Just Like Home [Emiko's Squad, Open] EmptyTue Jan 05, 2016 8:54 am

Emiko returned Mitsukai's hug and then watched her little sister go running off after Miyuki to keep an eye on the girl for her: at least Emiko wouldn't have to worry about something happening to her while she attempted to sort out this situation. Things were not working out well, and she highly doubted they would work out at all. Something needed fixed: changed really. She was definitly going to have to send a letter to Temaki with her recommendation.

Suna was upset that Miyuki was upset; he knew enough about her past to realize she was likely close to freaking out over the whole situation. Okami seemed to ignore that completely and focus on the whys and hows behind Kurai nearly killing him that day in Kurayamigaukure. To make matters worse she had clearly told Okami to take a walk, something else he seemed to disregard when after a quick insult to Suna - an insult that also transferred over to her since she too used Saton - he simply went around the side of the building to wait for her.

Riiiiight. Well, she clearly knew what needed to be done here, now.

She had no intentions of risking upsetting Holeman's pregnant mother or sister: Emiko liked to avoid pissing off pregnant people because they were like wild animals when they got angry - unpredictable, and you couldn't exactly defend yourself because you'd only risk upsetting them more. She had no intentions of having to hear it: besides, the Holeman's were like family to her, same as Mitsukai was, which only furthered her not wanting to see them upset.

Ignoring what Okami said about learning something to deal with speed - yeah, she knew someone alright but she wasn't to spill their secrets on something like that - she simply focused on what she had told him to do. "This isn't working out Okami. You know it as much as I do. Each and every time you are together with those two a fight breaks out. You and Suna bump heads, and Miyuki ends up upset. I'm going to send a letter to the Harukage later on today: I think her putting you on my squad with them was a bad choice, and it's clearly beginning to show. No one is going to be able to get any work or training done when this keeps happening. I cannot blame Suna for his animosity toward you over that situation: even if you never actually meant him any harm that's how he saw it, how he still sees it. It's not something that's obviously going to change. You may remain in Sabakugakure if you like - unless the Harukage says otherwise - and see if you can find someone else to train you but as of right now you're officially off of my squad. For what it's worth I'm sorry." Emiko wasn't trying to be mean, or a hard ass, it was simply how things were. Temaki could always find Okami another sensei to train under; likely one better suited with his elements and skill sets.

Without waiting for a response, nor wanting to deal with another emotional outburst, Emiko would simply turn and leave at her usual super fast speed. Holeman had said she was welcome to his garden and she wanted to ensure she was prepared for when Suna came to learn some poisons off of her. So, to Holeman's garden she went.~
Back to top Go down
Suna Hari
Special Jounin
Special Jounin
Suna Hari

PostSubject: Re: Just Like Home [Emiko's Squad, Open]   Just Like Home [Emiko's Squad, Open] EmptyTue Jan 05, 2016 9:30 am

(Current Word Count = 3,452)

Okami kept raging. Suna had gotten under his skin once again. This is what made him grin beneath his mask. If Suna had intended to fight him, he'd have just wounded his infamous vision without even throwing a punch. Suna would have kept on with his lyrical jabs, but he was being grabbed by Holeman and pulled towards the Holeman Clinic. Holeman meant him no harm, so his defense didn't activate to stop him. The sand that came out of his gourd reversed and went back in. He didn't plan on saying anything else, but that changed with the "sand for brains" insult.

"Oh, that's intelligent of you, emo of the year, you're also racist? Insult me and Coach Emiko at the same time too! Brilliant! Keep up the star perfomance, moron! Way to bond with the team! Stupid!" This was said as he was pulled inside of the building, and Holeman was telling Emiko to do something about him before his mother came downstairs. If that happened, Suna didn't even want to imagine what would happen to Okami, Sharingan eyes or not.

The inside of the Holeman Clinic was chilled. It resembled the doctor's office he was taken to after ANBU took him from his destroyed village to Mori. Suna could hear some kids in the back. Suna looked down at Holeman when he said to try and put that out of his mind for now. he said Emiko would handle it, and if he knew her, he wouldn't have to deal with Okami anymore.  The kid said he could see the chakra built up in him, and asked why he wanted to be a medic. Suna almost didn't say anything, but he felt like he could talk to Holeman; relate with the kid. it was something about that grin that made Suna think he could trust him.

"...Um... I was in an accident when I was 8," Suna said, rubbing the back of his neck, looking at the white floors. "My parents... they were more like jail wardens... They treated me more like a weapon than their kid. I can use sand like Emiko, but i'm also part of the Glass Clan, the Hari... I was able to come up with a really strong technique, but it tore up my head and almost killed me. That's why I wear this mask... When the village I used to live in was wiped out, Mori ANBU rescued me and some others. Medics fixed some of the others up, and I watched... I always wanted to learn it myself so I could fix my head. Emiko taught me the basics, but i want to go all the way with it."

He was getting better at opening up to strangers. Holeman didn't seem like the type to make fun of him or to make big deal on things.
Back to top Go down
Okami
Special Jounin
Special Jounin
Okami

PostSubject: Re: Just Like Home [Emiko's Squad, Open]   Just Like Home [Emiko's Squad, Open] EmptyTue Jan 05, 2016 4:45 pm

0357#words
0755#chakra

#Genin
#TotalWC-3,769

©2013 caliburn

As she spoke, Okami would interrupt her with a couple of words. Politely, mind you, so that he didn't get in any more trouble. "Please, don't do this to me. This isn't something that can be fixed overnight, sure, but all wounds heal with time. You should know that better than anyone. Doing this to me won't help, it'll probably just make matters worse. Suna got under my skin again, sure, but I didn't do anything drastic this time. I just spoke out against him, and let loose a LOT of emotion. I'm sorry if you took offense to the sand-for-brains comment. It was completely uncalled for. As to what you should do about this situation, in my opinion...make sure Miyuki is all right, then don't just punish me. Why should I be punished when I didn't instigate this? I was going to go take a walk, except Suna couldn't help but throw out one more jab. Even I don't blame him for his animosity, but constantly insulting me and trying to get under my skin?"

Okami would snort in derision, obviously frustrated with both himself and the indignant jackass that he had recently gotten into a spat with. "For as much as I think of this squad as family, it is clearly a dysfunctional one, with you, Sensei, trying so hard to keep everything together while Suna tries desperately to tear me out of the picture and Miyuki is caught in the middle. It was only self-defense when I snapped. He won't get under my skin again. I promise. Just...give me a second chance."

Softening his gaze, he would pull Emiko into a hug quickly, but not so fast that she couldn't avoid it if she wanted. It was instinctual, and he swiftly backed away and apologized. He had meant no harm, so her Absolute Defense would likely not activate. After that, if she didn't respond, he would watch her take off with a sigh. Slumping down onto the sand again, he would begin to cry. Things had gone to Hell again, and this time he wasn't sure if there was any turning back.
jutsu log

N/A
Back to top Go down
Holeman
Jounin (A)
Jounin (A)
Holeman

PostSubject: Re: Just Like Home [Emiko's Squad, Open]   Just Like Home [Emiko's Squad, Open] EmptyTue Jan 05, 2016 5:32 pm

Suna explained some of his story. He said his parents treated him like a weapon. He was part of the Sabure Clan like Emiko most likely, but he was also the member of another clan, the Hari, who could manipulate glass. Holeman thought that was pretty awesome to be honest, never figuring there was such a clan. An accident when he was 8 caused him to be severely disfigured, thus the reason he wore a mask. He said he wanted to be a medic in order to fix his scars.

Holeman was about to offer to do it for him, but his face had to be bad, and it was probably pretty embarassing. He began to udnerstand why he would want to do it himself. Holeman just kept grinning and motioned for Suna to follow him while going over to the door of the counter.  Holeman went into the back through the cover over the doorway. There was a long all beyond with several other doorways leading to various rooms. the hallway had many toys, hinting of many children living in the building/house. The closest to the door had a thick plastic strip as a door, and another room with white floors and walls beyond.

Holeman entered this room. This room would be as clean and cool as the front room, with a black bed in the rear. There was a desk, and several cabinets filled with medical equipment, desert animals preserved in medical equipment, body parts, organs, and various other things. Holeman opened a cabinet and removed from it a pig's heart. He put it into an examination tray and put it on the desk.

"Check this out, watch close," he said. Holeman created lime green chakra between his gloved hands. When he touched it to the heart, it began to pump again, hard and strong. When Holeman removed his hands, the heart continued to beat in the tray for several more moments before coming to a stop again. "That's called the Mystical Palm Technique," he said. "It's a medic's best friend. Heals all but the most grievous of wounds. It takes lots of practice to get it right, but when you can make the heart beat strong, that when you'll know you've learned to channel just the right amount of chakra. Don't give it too much or you'll cause it to go into arrest again, and it may even explode. Go on, give it a try." 

Mystical Palm Technique:

Holeman slid the medical tray in front of Suna.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just Like Home [Emiko's Squad, Open]   Just Like Home [Emiko's Squad, Open] Empty

Back to top Go down

Just Like Home [Emiko's Squad, Open]
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next