Naruto Odyssey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Naruto Odyssey

Welcome to Naruto Odyssey

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Looking Around [Open]

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Jubei Neko
Special Jounin
Special Jounin
Jubei Neko

Ryo : 700

Looking Around [Open] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looking Around [Open]   Looking Around [Open] - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 07, 2016 6:46 pm

Holeman, Kouten and Pyra, judging from the looks on their faces, all seemed to sympathize with Jubei over his losses. Holeman said that humans could be idiots sometimes, but not all of them were bad, something Jubei had found first hand. His brothers and fathers had a racist dislike of humans, and always told Jubei that they were all bad and evil, but he never allowed himself to fall into that racist mindset. Holeman had saved his life, and so Jubei had nothing but respect for the kid.

Holeman said that he was able to see because of his clan's "Chakra Radar." He said that they could see almost everything, as he'd seen the fight in the alley, and also when he was out in the Yasei. He said that the Holeman clan had a long history and that he'd hear about it if he stuck around, something that he offered Jubei to do. He said his mother wouldn't mind, and that people came and went through here all the time. Since Holeman said he knew alot of people, Jubei figured it a good idea for the moment. Perhaps he would be able to learn more about the continent.

Jubei nodded his head. "Alright... I accept the offer, Holeman. Thank you for having me," Jubei said as he stood up again. "I won't expect to stay free; i'll pull my own weight and help out however I can. I can track and hunt, and I can fix things.... While i'm not exactly a 'shinobi' like you are, I believe i've already demonstrated that I can hold my own in a fight, so if there are any ninja related tasks that I can help with, don't hesitate to let me know..."

305 + 3,357 = 3,662
Back to top Go down
Holeman
Jounin (A)
Jounin (A)
Holeman

Ryo : 5000

PostSubject: Re: Looking Around [Open]   Looking Around [Open] - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 07, 2016 7:22 pm

Holeman grinned. "No problem, man!" he said. "maybe we could go do some hunting out in the Yasei then! I been meaning to go myself, but my mom and my big sister are pregnant, and with me being one of the best medics around, I have to stick around here since most come to me instead of the hospital. I'll figure something out tho. There's a desert pig that only lives in the Yasei, and the meat is really good. Kinda been craving some..."

Several people came into the examination room then. A tall woman, mother Holeman, incredibly pregnant wearing a dress that seemed to change colors as she moved. She was very beautiful, having red hair and a black cloth covering her eyes. Next to her was another pregnant woman, looking to be in her late teens. Holeman's sister Nona, she was also wearing a dress and had the same red colored hair. She wore a pair of wielding goggles over her eyes with the lenses colored in.

They were both followed by Holeman little brother and sister, Bart and Joy. Bart looked a lot like Holeman did, wearing a white wife beater, black shorts and black sandals. He wore a black skull cap on his head that covered his eyes, with red hair sticking out at some points. Joy resembled Mother Holeman, wearing a white dress, black combat boots and a bunny mask on her face that covered her eyes. She had long red hair that stretched down to her behind.

"Hello Holeman, Kouten, Pyra," said Mother Holeman. Nona, Joy and Bart also waved to Kouten and Pyra. Mother "looked" towards Jubei.  "Who do we have here?... he sort of looks like a cat. Are those ears and tail real?"

"This is Jubei Neko," Holeman said. "He's new to the continent. He got into it with some of the morons in the village and we helped him out. He's part of the Neko clan of cat people; yeah the ears and tail are real. He's pretty sensitive over his heritage so let's not give em a hard time over it, yeah?"

"Kitty man! Cool!" said Joy, also "looking" towards Jubei.

"It wasn't my intention to put him on the spot or anything. I apologize if it seem like that. I'm Mother Holeman Jubei, it's nice to meet a new face." Mother Holeman walked over and held a hand out for him to shake. "So you're new here, it seems like you and my Holeman have already made friends. Will you be staying here for a while then, to get yourself adjusted? You'll find no better place than the Holeman Clinic." Bart walked around Jubei to check him and his sword out.

"I saw some of what happened earlier," said Nona, also coming close to give him a thorough look over. She absently reached out to touch some on his ears. "You're pretty good Jubei, but you seem sorta green. Maybe Holeman can teach you some more moves, hmm?"

"Blahhh, he's good enough as is," Holeman said, waving his hands with a grin. "But ehhhh, if he really wants to learn a thing or two I wouldn't mind..."

There was a boom sound from the roof, and the A/C stopped working. "Oh great, the air conditioner seems to be on the fritz again," said mother Holeman. "Would you mind seeing what you could do again Holeman? Otherwise it's going to get very hot inside."

"Alright, i'll try to get it working again. I think it's going bad..."
Back to top Go down
Kouten
Special Jounin
Special Jounin
Kouten

Ryo : 4100

PostSubject: Re: Looking Around [Open]   Looking Around [Open] - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 08, 2016 8:37 pm

Jubei agreed to stay, and even said that he didn't expect to stay for free - he could do a bunch of stuff including hunting and tracking, as well as fixing stuff. Kouten thought it was kind of cool to know so many skills at once: most people tended to focus on one or maybe two, but not a whole bunch at a time.

When everyone else arrived both Kouten and Pyra waved hello, knowing full well that even though all of the members of the Holeman clan had their eyes covered they could 'see' them anyway. The pair listened quietly at the conversation at hand, it still surprising Kouten at how welcoming everyone was - not that she thought it was a bad tihng at all.

It was then that Pyra nudged Kouten quietly. "Don't forget we have training to do... sooner we get it done the sooner I can stop kicking your butt..."

"Kick my butt? Plleeeaaase. I totally won last time."

"I politely beg to differ. I seem to remember pinning you..."

"Yeah, and I escaped it... eventually."

Grinning the pair waved goodbye to everyone before slipping out of the room. "I'll be training if anyone needs me..."

[Exit Unless Prevented]
Back to top Go down
Mitsukai
Jounin (S)
Jounin (S)
Mitsukai

Ryo : 1400

PostSubject: Re: Looking Around [Open]   Looking Around [Open] - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 08, 2016 8:48 pm

A boom of a noise came from the roof which caused one very tired Mitsukai to grumble in frustration. She had been in the middle of taking a nap - having worn herself out running around the village with weights on - when the noise woke her up. It wasn't hard to guess what made the noise, but Mitsukai got out of bed nonetheless (which groaned slightly due to the fact that she was still wearing the high ranking weighs) to go and see what was going on: still dressed in her usual black and red schoolgirl attire with the red hooded cap since she had forgotten to change before passing out.

Yawning softly she made her way down the steps and toward where she could hear voices coming from. She slipped past Kouten and Pyra on their way out, hearing that they planned on doing some training and wondering who would win the sparring match between the two of them today. She slipped into the other room then, wondering what everyone was doing. Her silvery colored gaze fell upon the individual she didn't know - one who seemed to have feline characteristics: not that that bothered her since she had never been one to judge people. She pushed her black and red colored hair behind her ears before covering her mouth as she yawned again.

"Good morn--- well, afternoon. Was that banging the air conditioner again?", she asked sleepily. Then, remembering she had some manners she looked to the new guy. "Hi, I'm Mitsukai."
Back to top Go down
Jubei Neko
Special Jounin
Special Jounin
Jubei Neko

PostSubject: Re: Looking Around [Open]   Looking Around [Open] - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 09, 2016 8:36 am

Holeman looked pleased that Jubei decided to stick around for a while. He spoke of taking a hunting trip through the Yasei for desert pig, an animal he'd caught several times himself. He was right; the meat from the animal was quite delicious if prepared properly. To his proposal Jubei nodded his head.

Other members of Holeman's family came into the exam room, all of them having different methods of covering their eyes just like Holeman. Two of them were women, pregnant, and 2 were kids. The tall woman who was easy to look at said that he looked like a cat, and inquired if his ears and tail were real. Holeman answered for him, telling the woman - who had to be his mother - his name, that he was new here, and about his confrontation in the alley. He told her his clan name and that his ears and tail were indeed real, and asked that they not give him a hard time, which he was appreciative of. The girl with the rabbit mask, likely his little sister, said he was "cool kitty man."

Mother Holeman, as she introduced herself, said that she didn't intend for it to seem that way, and apologized for it as she walked over to him and introduced herself. Holeman shook her hand with one of his gloved paws. She said that it looked like he and "Her Holeman" had made friends, and asked if he'd be staying a while. "Yes ma'am," was Jubei's response.

The other pregnant woman, Jubei figuring was Holeman's older sister, reached out to touch his ears, which he didn't really mind, saying he did good in the alley, but he was still kind of "green." It was true, he still had a lot of room for improvement. Holeman retorted that he was good enough, but wouldn't mind teaching him something if he wanted to learn. The boy - Holeman's little brother - walked around him to take a "look."

There was a sound from above, instinctively making his right hand move to the handle of his sword, but Mother Holeman said that the air conditioner was malfunctioning again. She asked Holeman to fix it, who said it was going bad. This is what probably caused yet another girl to enter the exam room, yet her eyes weren't covered. She was dressed kind of strange to be living in the desert, but then again, so was he. She introduced herself as Mitsukai.

"Jubei Neko," he responded to Mitsukai with a slight bow. Jubei raised a paw to signal Holeman and his mother. "If you wouldn't mind, allow me to take a look at the machine up there? Fixing machinery and things is what i'm best at. For allowing me to stay here with you all I plan to pull my own weight and do whatever I can to help your family..."

500 + 3,662 = 4,162
Back to top Go down
Holeman
Jounin (A)
Jounin (A)
Holeman

PostSubject: Re: Looking Around [Open]   Looking Around [Open] - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 09, 2016 9:02 pm

"Fine with me," responded Holeman to Jubei's offer to fix the A/C. "No matter what I do it always seems to fart out again sooner or later. Maybe you'll see something I can't..."

Mother Holeman seemed to become taken with Jubei's paw, which she didn't let go of immediately, and Holeman had to peel him away from her. "Yes mom, he had paws. You're not really going to be weird to our new guest are ya?"

"Well what can I say? We've never seen anyone quite like him before," said Mother.

"Come on Jubei, i'll show ya where it is... Hey Mits, long story with Jubei here, you'll hear about eventually. He's gonna be staying here with us for a while..." Holeman stepped around and between the family to lead Jubei out to the hall and down it to the back door.

There was a large backyard with an awning to shield from the sun on part of the building. The backyard was enclosed by a large wall. There were picnic tables, lawn chairs, a large patch of grass, and a garden nearby filled with all manner of herbs. There were training dummies by the back wall that Holeman and his siblings often used to practice on. There was a ladder nearby that lead up to the roof, but Holeman opted to jump up there instead.

The A/C unit was smoking. Holeman opened a door on the side, fanning black colored smoke and coughing a few times. "Bleh. I donno what keeps going wrong, see what you can do, Jubei. If you actually fix this thing you're a life saver and i'll owe ya. There's a toolbox here with some spare parts in it too..."
Back to top Go down
Mitsukai
Jounin (S)
Jounin (S)
Mitsukai

PostSubject: Re: Looking Around [Open]   Looking Around [Open] - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 10, 2016 7:50 pm

Mother Holeman seemed rather interested in the fact that Jubei had paws and Mistukai found herself holding back a giggle at the reaction.

Jubei went on to say he would take a look at the air conditioner which Holeman thought was a good idea too since each time he tried to fix it it usually ended up breaking down again later. Mitsukai personally had a great deal of skill when it came to building and fixing weapons but none at all when it came to machinery like the air conditioner. She hoped Jubei couls fix it since it would likely become very uncomfortably hot for the two pregnant women in the house.

Mitsukai followed Holeman out of the room curiously. "You mind if I come watch you fix it? I know how to build and fix all kinds of weapons but I know nothing when it comes to stuff like the air conditioner. Would be interesting to learn something new... And I promise not to ask a billion questions or get in the way."
Back to top Go down
Jubei Neko
Special Jounin
Special Jounin
Jubei Neko

PostSubject: Re: Looking Around [Open]   Looking Around [Open] - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 11, 2016 10:12 am

Mother Holeman didn't let go of his paw immediately. This was the reason he always wore gloves. Ordinarily it would bother him, but he didn't really mind at the moment. She admitted she'd never seen anyone like him before. Holeman pulled him away from his mother and lead him through the building to the back door.

There was a spacious backyard, likely used for get togethers and training, judging from the dummies by the back wall. Holeman jumped to the roof, and so did Jubei. Mitsukai came with them, asking if she could watch. "I can't exactly tell you no," Jubei responded after she'd explained that she also had some know-how in fixing certain things.

Holeman walked to the Air Conditioning unit and opened the service door, fanning away smoke and coughing. When the smoke cleared, Jubei started at all the machinery and parts, his brain already working on how to fix it. He recognized many of the parts and circuits immediately. Kneeling and grabbing the toolbox and parts Holeman mentioned, Jubei went to work.

he noticed that whoever worked on the machine before did a decent job, but some of the parts were placed wrong, and in the wrong areas, as well as some of the wiring being wrong too, which caused power to go to places it shouldn't, causing an overload. All the replacement parts he would need were there, and Jubei was able to correct the mistake wiring.

Jubei closed the service door and turned it back on. After a sputter of smoke, the machine would be in perfect working order now. "You shouldn't have any more troubles out of it now," he said, standing up and dusting his gloves off. "Not for years, anyway. Some of the wiring was wrong, that's why it blew out. Some of the other parts weren't set properly either. it's all set now..."

322 + 4,162 = 4,484
Back to top Go down
Holeman
Jounin (A)
Jounin (A)
Holeman

PostSubject: Re: Looking Around [Open]   Looking Around [Open] - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 12, 2016 9:10 am

Jubei and Mitsukai jumped up to the roof with him, with Mits asking if she could watch, commenting that she wouldn't get int he way or ask 100 questions, and Jubei responding that she couldn't tell him no. When he opened the a/c unit and fanned the smoke away, Jubei stared at the innards in a strange way. When he started fixing things Holeman made sure to pay attention to everything in close detail, just in case this happened again when Jubei decided to move on.

When he was done, the a/c unit seemed to run smoother than it ever did, and it wasn't making the ticking and clanking noises that he'd grown so used to hearing. "Looks like I won't get woken up in the middle of the night anymore," Holeman said with a grin. "Looks like I owe ya, Jubei! The family is sure to love this, I probably woulda never figured out that the wires were wrong. Nice going!"

Holeman jumped back down into the backard. The family inside all seemed like they were enjoying the fact that the a/c was back working, and from the looks of things was working better than it ever had. His mother actually had to go and turn it down some. Holeman rubbed his chin as he thought about what to teach Jubei. "Hummm, now what could I teach ya... How good are you with Ninjutsu and chakra control? Maybe I could show you one of my signature moves..."
Back to top Go down
Mitsukai
Jounin (S)
Jounin (S)
Mitsukai

PostSubject: Re: Looking Around [Open]   Looking Around [Open] - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 14, 2016 12:46 am

Jubei responded that he couldn't exactly tell her no so she followed both him and Holeman the whole way up to the roof. Like she had promised she kept her distance, positioning herself in a spot that would keep her out of the way while also ensuring she could watch, and didn't ask any questions. She kept quiet and simply watched and focused, learning without bothering the Neko clan member while he worked. From what she could tell Jubei was highly talented when it came to fixing things which showed in the ease he seemed to have with fixing the air conditioner: it didn't seem to take him long at all to find the problem and ensure it was taken care of. Sure enough when he closed things up again it started to run perfectly, minus a sputter of smoke that Mitsukai figured was likely the air conditioner clearing its 'lungs' in a manner of speaking.

"Hehe, cool. That didn't take you long at all. That's amazing.", Mitsukai commented finally, feeling it was fine to speak now since she didn't have to worry about breaking his concentration.

Holeman jumped off of the roof and MItsukai was sure everyone else was likely inside enjoying the cool air. Not feeling like going inside just yet herself she too followed Holeman off of the roof, her cape swaying around her legs as she landed gracefully. She went off to a shaded area where she promptly sat down. She pulled her gunscythe off of her belt and with a flick of a switch and a burst of chakra caused it to unfold to its full scythe form. Her scythe was then laid down in front of her before she reached into her pocket and pulled out a cleaning kit which was promptly opened. She glanced up at Holeman, following along with the conversation and wondering Jubei's answer, before turning her attention back to her gunscythe which she began to clean carefully - starting with the blade of her beautiful weapon: cleaning it first, then sharpening it to a deadly edge.
Back to top Go down
Jubei Neko
Special Jounin
Special Jounin
Jubei Neko

PostSubject: Re: Looking Around [Open]   Looking Around [Open] - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 14, 2016 5:09 pm

"Anything I can do to help, Holeman, Mitsukai," Jubei responded when Holeman and Mitsukai complimented him. Holeman tried figuring out what to teach him while Mitsukai sat somewhere out of the sun and made a large weapon appear the likes of which he'd never seen before. It made Jubei look upon it with a strange expression. Perhaps Mitsukai was special just the same as Holeman? She had to be if she could wield something the likes of that.

Holeman asked how good he was with chakra control and Ninjutsu. "I'm not really one to brag... i'd say i'm decent," said Jubei, adjusting his sword at the small of his back. "My brother learned several tricks from shinobi that passed through our village when I was little. He taught me a couple of them... One of which is the ability to make copies of myself... Kage Bushin no Jutsu, he called it..."

Holeman spoke of teaching him a "signature move." Jubei was always for adding to his arsenal. Since he'd asked about how good he was with ninja tricks and controlling his chakra, Jubei began to figure Holeman was perhaps going to teach him a projectile attack. Jubei already knew a few, such as a fireball technique, and several Fuuton abilities, but he was anxious and excited to see what Holeman was going to show him. He rubbed his gloved paws together in anticipation...

247 + 4,484 = 4,731
Back to top Go down
Holeman
Jounin (A)
Jounin (A)
Holeman

PostSubject: Re: Looking Around [Open]   Looking Around [Open] - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 14, 2016 5:31 pm

"Ah, Shadow Clones! That's no easy trick to master, you must be pretty good then!" said Holeman as Bart and Joy came out the back door. Joy stared in fascination at Mitsukai's infamous Scythe, while Bart came over to stand nearby himself and Jubei. "I'll teach you my Ha Do Ken then, and if you get the hang of it i'll show you the super version of it next, yeah? Watch close..."

"Ha ha, cool! You're gonna learn an awesome move, Jubei!" added Bart.

Bart himself knew how to perform Holeman's trademark move. He and Holeman sank into a slight crouch, bringing their arms to the right side, their palms open. Chakra could visibly be seen gathering between both hands, and forming into a blue sphere. Fully formed, The brothers Holeman both threw their arms forward, launching the sphere with a zoom sound. The projectiles traveled across the backyard - Holeman's a little bigger than Bart's - and slammed into the training dummies, exploding.

Ha Do Ken:

"See? It's really easy when you get the hang of it," said Holeman. "You can even control how much chakra you put into it. Just be careful that you don't put too much, or it'll explode and you'll hurt yourself. I usually don't make the biggest one any bigger than a ball you take to the beach. Go on, see if you can do it. Remember to focus your chakra to a single point..."

Chakra: 880/900
Back to top Go down
Mitsukai
Jounin (S)
Jounin (S)
Mitsukai

PostSubject: Re: Looking Around [Open]   Looking Around [Open] - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 15, 2016 11:55 am

Mitsukai continued to listen to the conversation going on, hearing Jubei respond to Holeman's question by saying he did have some control over Ninjutsu considering what his family had taught him which they had learned from some passing shinobi: one of the abilities was to make copies of himself. Mitsukai paused in her cleaning of her gunscythe, noticing that Joy was staring at her weapon with fascination which made her smile.

Mitsukai glanced over to Holeman and his little brother, both of whom were taking identical positions before launching Ha Do Ken at the dummies, and then back to Joy. "You want to learn how to use something like this at some point? I have smaller, practice versions. They're like test versions; only they don't fire anything dangerous..."

Mitsukai then glanced once more from Joy to Holeman, Bart, and Jubei, wondering if Jubei would be able to fire a Ha Do Ken off successfully on his first try or if it'd take him a few tries to get it. She also waited for Joy's response: it wouldn't bother her either way - she had no problem teaching Joy if she wanted to learn.
Back to top Go down
Jubei Neko
Special Jounin
Special Jounin
Jubei Neko

PostSubject: Re: Looking Around [Open]   Looking Around [Open] - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 15, 2016 5:55 pm

Holeman said that he'd teach him something called "Ha Do Ken." Were he to master it, he said he'd then teach him the "super" version. Holeman's little brother added that he was going to learn something cool. Jubei's gold eyes watched both the brother's every movement. They widen to see that both could manifest chakra physically and focus it to a single point in between their hands. Jubei found himself to be right in his hunch: it was a projectile attack. The Holeman brothers both launched the projectile of chakra towards the dummies at the end of the yard, with them impacting with small explosions.

Both of them seemed seasoned at casting the attack, but Jubei knew this would take him a while. He rubbed his paws together while his tail uncoiled itself from around his waist and began to move around behind him as if it were alive. Be careful not to bring out too much chakra. Focus the chakra into a single point. Make it no bigger than a beach ball. These were the words echoing around in his skull. Jubei sank himself into the same crouch that he saw the Holeman brothers do, and drew back his arms just like they did, to his right side, his palms opened and facing each other.

Though it took longer than when they'd done it, Jubei eventually manifested his chakra visibly and focused into a sphere shape between his palms. It grew and shrank in size until it was ready to be fired, then Jubei threw his arms forward, launching the projectile. It traveled through the backyard and hit one of the training dummies, creating another small explosion. It made him grin for the first time since arriving in Sabakugakure; a new ability to add to his growing list of weapons.

307 + 4,731 = 5,038
Back to top Go down
Holeman
Jounin (A)
Jounin (A)
Holeman

PostSubject: Re: Looking Around [Open]   Looking Around [Open] - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 15, 2016 8:07 pm

Jubei seemed to be in full concentration mode. Holeman could tell because of his tail moving around behind him. It took him longer than himself or Bart, mostly because it was his first time trying something like this, but Jubei managed to pull it off. "Good going! On only your first try too, you learn fast, Jubei!"

Mitsukai asked Joy if she wanted to practice with a safe weapon similar to her Scythe. "No, I want to, but I can't," she answered. "Maybe when I get older. I'd get in trouble with my mom. I have to beg her to let me learn Taijutsu with Bart from Holeman..."

Holeman said, "Ok Jubei, you think you got the hang of that?"  He cracked his knuckles and moved Bart out of the way. "You stand over here Bart, I don't need mom chewing me out if you get hurt."

"I HEARD THAT," said Mother Holeman from somewhere inside the building.

A comical look was on Holeman's face as he moved back to where he stood. "Ok, now i'll show you the super version. You should save this one for a last resort, or to open up an enemy's defenses. This one take a lot of chakra control, so you gotta be real careful it doesn't backfire. I'll show ya so you get a hint..."

Holeman crouched again, except this time, electricity could be seen traveling up and down his arms. The ground underneath Holeman began to tremble somewhat. When he drew his arms back to begin focusing chakra, clouds of dust lifted from the ground surrounding his small form. A sphere much larger in size formed at his hands, holding it behind him while blue chakra and violent streams of electricty were drawn into the sphere.

Fully formed, Holeman created a dust storm in the backyard from the forces of the powerful chakra. He threw his arms upward, lauching the projectile that grew to be as large as a small house into the sky with a loud sound, similar to a jet taking off. More dust and sand was thrown about. The Shinkuu Ha Do Ken flew far upwards until it was out of sight. He could hear commotion out in the street, making him chuckle some.

Shinkuu Ha Do Ken:

"Yaaay!" cheered Joy.

"Always awesome!" added Bart.

"Hahaha, sorry about the sand," said Holeman. "I call that one Shinkuu Ha Do Ken, it means 'Vacuum Wave Motion Fist.' If that hits somebody, the damage it does can be real nasty."

Chakra 850/900
Back to top Go down
Mitsukai
Jounin (S)
Jounin (S)
Mitsukai

PostSubject: Re: Looking Around [Open]   Looking Around [Open] - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 16, 2016 12:46 pm

Joy said she wanted to but couldn't because she was afraid to get into trouble. Mitsukai nodded in understanding, figuring she'd likely end up teaching her later on - when she was a bit older. That is, unless Mother Holeman had a change of heart about such a thing. Either way, Mitsukai wasn't going to push the issue.

For now Mitsukai turned her focus back onto her scythe, continuing with the cleaning - though it was still sparkling clean from the last time she had pulled out her cleaning and repair kit - she liked to keep her favorite weapon in tip top shape after all.

Every so often Mitsukai would glance up, watching as Holeman began to teach Jubei the larger version of the move he had just learned. She found herself wondering if Jubei would be able to learn this one as quickly as he had the other - if he did he surely had a lot of potential.
Back to top Go down
Jubei Neko
Special Jounin
Special Jounin
Jubei Neko

PostSubject: Re: Looking Around [Open]   Looking Around [Open] - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 16, 2016 2:08 pm

Next, after moving Bart out of the way so that he "didn't get chewed out by mom if he got hurt," prompting a response from inside by her, Holeman said that he'd show him the "super" version of the "Wave Motion Fist;" Ha Do Ken, called "Vacuum Wave Motion Fist," or Shinkuu Ha Do Ken.

Gold eyes widen even more than last time when Holeman took the same stance, but the effects that came with preparing the technique signaled that this was an advanced move that indeed should be saved as a last resort, or to surprise an opponent right from the jump. Jubei pulled his scarf up over his nose and mouth, and shielded his eyes from all the flying sand and winds.

Holeman fired the projectile into the skies, where Jubei was able to see it expand into an even larger size. It flew off into the sky and disappeared from view "Wow... that's... pretty amazing," Jubei said, dusting sand from his head and ears. He put on his straw hat again, trying the straps beneath his chin so that it didn't fall off. "I'm honestly not sure if i'll be able to pull something like that off, but... i'll give it a try..."

Again, Jubei began to focus his chakra. This took longer than it did last time. The same as Holeman, the sand began to churn around him, the ground began to tremble, and strands of electricity eventually appeared, traveling up and down his arms. When he drew his arms back to focus his chakra, the effects became more intense. Jubei had trouble completely focusing his chakra into the large beach ball shape for a while, but once he felt that he had it right he launched it skyward just as Holeman had done.

It expanded just as Holeman's had, although not as large, and made the same loud sound. Jubei had never felt so drained, and dropped to one knee as he struggled to catch his breath. Regardless, Jubei laughed some, having learned not one, but 2 new destructive techniques. Learning new things was a fetish of his. "...Hahahaha... I hope I... didn't disappoint... Holeman... Heheheh..."

379 + 5,038 = 5,417
Back to top Go down
Holeman
Jounin (A)
Jounin (A)
Holeman

PostSubject: Re: Looking Around [Open]   Looking Around [Open] - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 16, 2016 5:46 pm

Jubei again surprised Holeman. Like last time, it took him a little longer to muster up the chakra and control it, but just the same as him he managed to fire one off. Holeman had never seen someone learn something like this so fast. Then again, he'd never taught anyone else how to perform his trademark move.

Though it seemed to take something out of him to toss out so much chakra, and Holeman could see that he was drained. He and Bart went over to him quickly to put his arms over their shoulders and help him up. "Ok, medic time now, that's enough of that. Easy does it," Holeman said as he and Bart helped him over to one of the lawn chairs under the awning out of the burning sun.

"You learn fast Jubei! I never thought somebody else would learn bro's moves that quick," said Bart.

"Sit right here and catch a breather, get your wind back," Holeman told him. "You see now what I told ya to only use that as a last resort move, yeah? When you get stronger and can build up more chakra is when you can use it normal and not feel the drain. You hungry? I'll fire up the grill and fix something. The drain could be that you haven't eaten anything in a while too..."

Holeman went inside to prep some food to go on the grill...
Back to top Go down
Mitsukai
Jounin (S)
Jounin (S)
Mitsukai

PostSubject: Re: Looking Around [Open]   Looking Around [Open] - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 16, 2016 6:42 pm

Mitsukai, finished with the cleaning of her weapon, gave a flick of the switch and folded it safely and carefully into its usual form that hung on her hip. She then took a moment to begin putting her stuff away pausing only when Holeman began to prepare to show him the bigger, better version of the move he had showed him moments ago. Mitsukai glanced up, her silvery gaze resting on Holeman - she rather enjoyed watching him pull off things like these because it reminded her of how far they had come together.

Holeman blasted the larger version off into the sky where it expanded and then went out of view. MItsukai couldn't help but grin a bit and then look toward Jubei, wondering if he'd be able to pull off something like that too as easily as he had the first version of it. Jubei mentioned that he didn't know if he could pull something like that off, but he was willing to try. So, Jubei began to try, and Mitsukai continued to watch with curiosity. His, when it was launched, didn't expand as far as Holeman's had but it made the same noise - and looked as if he had worn Jubei out.

Holeman helped Jubei back up, the inner medic in him coming out. He told Jubei to sit and catch his breath, and went inside to go and get some food which caused Mitsukai's own stomach to growl - Holeman was an excellent cook. "That was cool. You'll like Holeman's food, he's an excellent cook.", she commented before looking back down at the rest of her cleaning kit and putting it back into her bag, making sure she didn't miss a piece.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Looking Around [Open]   Looking Around [Open] - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Looking Around [Open]
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2