Naruto Odyssey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Naruto Odyssey

Welcome to Naruto Odyssey

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Reuniting with Friends [Kurai, or Invite]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Kouki

Kouki

Ryo : 200

Reuniting with Friends [Kurai, or Invite] Empty
PostSubject: Reuniting with Friends [Kurai, or Invite]   Reuniting with Friends [Kurai, or Invite] EmptyThu Jul 28, 2016 10:05 pm

Large blue dragon-like wings flapped to keep the female airborne as she soared over top of what was clearly a forest. She had ventured from Makkuragakure to a whole new place out of curiosity as to where the rest of her friends had disappeared to. Of course, she only had the general direction everyone had gone in, which had led her to this forested village she could see in the distance.

Kouki flew down lower, hoping to get a closer look. She was only half transformed - just the dragon wings while allowing the rest of her to remain human - as she figured it would cause less shock than a fully adult dragon flying in from the clouds above. The last thing she wanted, after all, was to cause an incident that would lead to a fight. Instead of flying directly over the village itself she suddenly shifted in the air and shot toward the ground outside of the village - on what looked to be a well used but currently clear path.

At the last moment she pulled herself out of the dive, gave a flap of her giant wings, and landed gently. Kouki glanced around for a moment while her wings folded behind her back and then disappeared within it as if they were never there to begin with. With her wings hidden she walked to the village gates, wondering if she would be stopped before making her way through...

'This place reminds me of one of the villages back home...' came a voice in her head.

"Agreed...", Kouki muttered underneath of her breath to the bijuu who had spoken to her.
Back to top Go down
Kurai
Harukage
Harukage
Kurai

Ryo : 13050

PostSubject: Re: Reuniting with Friends [Kurai, or Invite]   Reuniting with Friends [Kurai, or Invite] EmptyFri Jul 29, 2016 12:28 pm

Kurai still hadn't been getting much sleep. The life of a Kage was a stressful one. This village wasn't even half as big as Kurayamigakure, nor did it have as many villagers or ninja, yet Alec always seemed to have that silly grin on his face. He had doubled the responsibilities that Kurai had, not to mention children who could blow up whole villages, change their age, bring the dead back to life and make you kill yourself by whispering it in your ear. Not to mention the people that he'd taken in and started calling them his kids. How did he do it everyday?... Alec just seemed to be a natural leader. He always had a cool head, even in the line of fire. Kurai tried to follow his example, but in this village that was difficult.

He had 2 missing nin that his patrollers scoured the lands looking for every day and every night, a mentally unbalanced maniac that attacked with strange clothes somewhere out in the woods, and 2 new people who said they lived here and had been gone for months; both of them stronger than he was, and one of them was only a child. There was the matter of training the 2 Genin he'd discovered, but he was still undecided on starting a squad with only 2 people. He had to teach them something eventually...

Sitting at the desk in the office of the great tree Admin Complex, he was in the process of rubbing his eyes with the same tired/frustrated look on his face when there was the presence of YET ANOTHER very strong person. They seemed to just appear out of thin air (the moment her feet touched the ground from landing.) Kurai let out a loud audible sigh. "How many more stupidly strong people are going to show up here?..." he mumbled, standing from the desk.

"It appears that this person is also a Jinchuuriki," added Kua.

"Great, even better..."

...And yet again, eventually Kurai and Little Kong could be seen standing on the roof of a house where he could be clearly seen, while village patrollers were on the ground in various places, watching this woman. She looked familiar; Kurai could have sworn he'd seen her somewhere before, but he couldn't place her.

Kurai was dressed in all black. He had on a black body suit that was tight around the torso, but baggy around the legs. He had on a long black jacket with white kanji on the back that meant "Dust Mastery." Kurai was barefoot, hardly ever wearing shoes. He had shoulder length black hair and a pale complexion. While standing on the roof with his hands in his jacket pockets that swayed around behind him in the breeze, he was accompanied by a 3 foot brown monkey known as Little Kong.

So would this woman claim to live here next? Or was someone finally going to attack him for a change?
Back to top Go down
Kouki

Kouki

PostSubject: Re: Reuniting with Friends [Kurai, or Invite]   Reuniting with Friends [Kurai, or Invite] EmptyFri Jul 29, 2016 4:57 pm

Kouki came to a pause when she noticed an individal - or rather two - on a rooftop nearby. She had no intentions of coming across as a threat, and was just beginning to wonder how to ask the location of where her friends might be so that she could go about finding them, when she suddenly noticed that one of these individual was a monkey. A monkey and a man. Kurai and Little Kong, perhaps? It had to be. Both looked familiar after all.

A grin spread across her face, thought she remained where she stood for a moment. "Kurai? Little Kong? That you guys? I haven't seen either of you in a while... it's me, Kouki." She realized then she probably didn't look exactly the same - her hair was no longer multi colored as it once had been, and she no longer had almost every portion of her face pierced. But it was still her, even with all of that gone.

Kouki glanced around, wondering if anyone else would randomly show up that she was familiar with. She kept her stance relaxed; she of course had no will to cause trouble here for anyone after all. But, she was in an unknown land, so she still kept an eye out for any possible trouble - she had no intentions of dying for a second time. Besides, who knew if there'd be a medic handy at that moment to bring her back? Nope, she would definitely be watching her back until she knew it was safe enough not to.

"What's the name of this particular village?", she would ask curiously, sure that the name of it likely had something to do with the forest that surrounded it. She was reminded a lot of her home country - of Niwa.
Back to top Go down
Kurai
Harukage
Harukage
Kurai

PostSubject: Re: Reuniting with Friends [Kurai, or Invite]   Reuniting with Friends [Kurai, or Invite] EmptyFri Jul 29, 2016 7:22 pm

The look of frustration and tiredness faltered some when she spoke. Was that really Kouki? The former lead of a village that he and his sister got no recognition in? The female who sealed Kua within him? Little Kong, who could usually tell if someone were genuine or lying, looked calm. He'd never been wrong in his judgement before, so it had to be true.

Kurai jumped down with Little Kong and waved off the patrollers that were hidden among the villagers and pedestrians, letting them know she was alright. "Kouki, huh?...You've changed," Kurai said, his hands still in his jacket pockets. "Decided to make the journey to this continent too, huh?... Well, be glad you showed up when you did and not before, when we were dealing with morons, a couple of which that are now missing..."

Little Kong, who wasn't the small monkey that he once was and now stood 3 feet tall with visibly developed muscles, gave a wave to Kouki, recognizing her scent. Kurai sighed, thinking about all of the drama that had taken place so far. "This village is called Morigakure," Kurai said, pointing to the polished village headband tied to his upper left arm. "I'm the Harukage... for now, anyway. There's a few other ninja here, a couple of them seasoned, and a couple of Genin. My twin sister runs the hospital..."

Kurai started walking towards the great tree Admin Complex. Assuming Kouki followed, he'd continue talking. "We're not the only ones to journey here... Not far from here is the desert Village, Sabakugakure. Emiko Sabure is the Kage there, and she has Holeman and Mitsukai there with her. I don.t know if you've ever met them before, but they're good people... A littler farther than that has to be the largest of all villages, called Kurayamigakure. It's something like Makkura, always in darkness. Alec Kane runs it, but he's not a crime lord anymore. It's where I was before being put in charge here, but that's another story... Nearly all of Alec's family and friends are there with him, along with new friends he made. So like usual, Alec has the most manpower. There's a water village close to here, Umigakure, but most of the people there left... They have Umiko, the Kage, and her trusted man Myuto, a strange guy who never speaks..."

By then he was walking into the Admin Complex with Little Kong. "Scouts tell me that there's another village out there, and that it floats in the sky... I haven't been there yet, and I don't know if any of the other villages have made contact with it yet. I wouldn't even know if there's people living on it...."
Back to top Go down
Kouki

Kouki

PostSubject: Re: Reuniting with Friends [Kurai, or Invite]   Reuniting with Friends [Kurai, or Invite] EmptyFri Jul 29, 2016 10:44 pm

Kurai mentioned that she had changed and certainly she had, so she nodded in agreement. She was no longer as wild and crazy looking as she had once been. In fact, she had looked more rebellious as a leader of Hinowa than she did now as nothing more than a wanderer without a permanent home.

Strange how life is, no?

I agree. Kouki mentally responded to the bijuu within her who was passively awake: watching without interacting.

Kurai mentioned that he was in charge of this village, called Morigakure, and his position was titled the Harukage: different than what it such a position of a forest village would have been called back home but perhaps the lack of a reminder of how things used to be was good. Hikari was likewise in the village too it seemed, and as usual she was running the hospital which meant it was likely run with a firm but gently guiding hand with the best of the best of everything.

Kouki followed Kurai and Little Kong, continuing to listen to him speak as he lead them back to what she quickly recognized as an administrative complex: they tended to look the same without looking the same for every village. "Wow, it sounds like everyone has been quite busy. I'll have to go say hello to Alec and everyone eventually, and maybe take a peak at that flying village too. I'm afraid my story isn't so... well... I don't even know what to call it, honestly."

She paused a moment, glancing around. She didn't mind telling Kurai the things that had happened - he after all had once trusted his life into her hands when it came to sealing the bijuu that was inside of him. "After I left Makkura to go back to Hinowa it took less than a week for me to change my mind that going back had been a bad idea. Unfortuantly, the weather was dreadful when I finally had the chance to slip away and leave the village. I did it at night because I wasn't sure if those two would stop me from doing so. Anyway... I... didn't make it. Obviously. I died... as did my children. I didn't remain that way though. All I remember is waking up to this odd girl with bunny ears and this crazed look on her face standing over me. She was mumbling something strange - I don't even think most of it was a human language - but I got the gist of it enough that she was saying my death wasn't fair. I wasn't sure how much time had passed but apparently it was a lot. My family was there, too. They had no idea about anything though - as if their memories had been wiped. I had once heard of an Anbu technique that did something like that... Anyway. We weren't even in the same country anymore. We were on the outskirts of this one. My family is still staying in a minor village off the coast, but I decided to go and see who all I could find..." Kouki kept her face emotionless, hiding the inner storm within her: she had mixed emotions over the whole thing, ones she didn't want to think too deeply into. She was happy she was alive now, and glad that her parents and brothers had been spared the heartache of knowing the truth. But still... things hadn't been settled and that didn't sit well with her.

"Anyway... I've been trying to find a better protected place for everyone to settle down in...", she added on, her way of changing the subject. She hadn't known why she had gone into so many details with Kurai, but it had felt good to get the story off of her chest with someone who could know.
Back to top Go down
Kurai
Harukage
Harukage
Kurai

PostSubject: Re: Reuniting with Friends [Kurai, or Invite]   Reuniting with Friends [Kurai, or Invite] EmptySun Jul 31, 2016 9:23 am

Well, that wasn't exactly what he wanted to hear...

She'd died? It just made the look of frustration on his face deepen. In the process she'd lost the kids she was pregnant with as well... He was willing to bet that those other two "Leaders" didn't give two shits about the tragedy either. Old anger boiled up to the surface; anger over being ignored despite everything he and his sister did for that village. Anger made obvious by the appearance of Kua surrounding him as he walked through the Admin Complex, causing several to yelp in fear and the receptionist to fall out of her chair at the sight of the bull with a man's body, 2 large horns and a hammer in his right hand.

Kurai apologized and helped the receptionist back into her seat before moving on, back to the office. Kouki went on to mention that "a strange girl with bunny ears" was the one to revive her. Could she have been talking about Kaia-Mai? And it was on the outskirts of the country as well. She mentioned that she was looking for somewhere for her and her family to settle down.

"...I wouldn't suggest here," he said, rubbing his eyes while seated behind the desk again. "This village has too many problems. I'm only temporary Harukage furthermore. If anywhere i'd say Kurayami. When someone better suited comes along who can prove that they can handle the responsibility i'll let them have the hat, and i'll be heading back there myself. This Kage life works the nerves..."
Back to top Go down
Kouki

Kouki

PostSubject: Re: Reuniting with Friends [Kurai, or Invite]   Reuniting with Friends [Kurai, or Invite] EmptySun Jul 31, 2016 9:34 pm

...Okay, so apparently that was the wrong thing to bring up there, Kouki.

No shit, Sherlock.
was Kouki's mental response to the bijuu within her. The dragon was watching, and yet it was refusing to react since Kurai's anger clearly wasn't directed at Kouki herself but rather those who had once been associated with her. Kouki didn't know what to say to lessen Kurai's anger, and in fact she highly doubted that anything could. He - and his twin sister - were already angry with them for their own reasons which Kouki completely understood and now she had just thrown a wammy like that onto the mix. One thing Kouki knew for sure: if they showed their faces up here there would likely be hell to pay, and nothing Kouki did would save them.

Would you really want to? I mean after everything that happened...

Kouki wasn't quite sure how to answer her bijuu on that question, so she made no remark whatsoever and simply focused her attention back onto Kurai. Kurai went on to mention that settling in this village wasn't a good idea, that there were too many problems. He wasn't going to be Harukage for long - just long enough to find someone suitable to pass the title along to. He also mentioned how the Kage life worked the nerves to which Kouki nodded in complete agreement.

"Well, Kurayami does seem like the best bet then. At least no one will be able to get to my parents or brothers. Not that I expect trouble, but I am technically now considered a missing-nin in my old village: and given my rank and village knowledge if they wished I would be listed as a high priority target in the bingo book." Kouki paused a moment, not knowing if she should feel amused by this idea or not. Could she kill them if they came looking for her? Chances were she wasn't going to end up being given the chance with the way Kurai disliked them. She highly doubted Alec or anyone in Kurayami's response would be much different than his.

Kouki took a moment to look around Kurai's office curiously, noticing some claw marks on the walls and such that she had a feeling had little to do with him. "Interesting decor... Anyway. I might hang out here a day or two to grab a bite to eat and some rest before moving on to Kurayami. My family is safe enough, and there's a seal that connects us to let me know if they're in danger. I can always just teleport or run to them if needed... but I don't think anything will. The village their in is pretty remote..."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reuniting with Friends [Kurai, or Invite]   Reuniting with Friends [Kurai, or Invite] Empty

Back to top Go down

Reuniting with Friends [Kurai, or Invite]
Page 1 of 1