Naruto Odyssey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Naruto Odyssey

Welcome to Naruto Odyssey

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Friend or Foe? [Open]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Kaia-Mai
Jounin (A)
Jounin (A)
Kaia-Mai

Ryo : 2050

Friend or Foe? [Open] Empty
PostSubject: Friend or Foe? [Open]   Friend or Foe? [Open] EmptySat Jul 16, 2016 1:26 pm

Busy, busy, busy. The bunny-child who wasn't really all that much a child anymore had been quite busy lately. Ever since the run in with the Senju she had kept her distance even more from the village. The last thing she wanted was an army of angry villagers and shinobi stalking after her and Ranmaru. Speaking of... "Uncle Ranmaru" had been gone for quite a while - having gone on ahead to scope out an area they planned on moving to eventually. He would return likely within a few weeks, of that she was sure. She was his bunny after all, and even with as crazy as Ranmaru was that meant something to the cannibal even in his less than lucid states he often found himself in.

So, with Ranmaru away, the bunny was bored. Bored enough to risk coming into the village proper. Her stomach, growling as it was, led the way - the jingling in her pocket able to tell her even without her having to count that she had more than enough ryo to pay for whatever she wanted. Money, when you spent so much time hunting and tracking for everything you needed, tended to pile up which was precisely what Kaia's had done. Most of it had been gained from the days where she was a proper shinobi - before her father Mitsuo had corrupted her to the world and destroyed almost all of the innocence within her - but some of it was also from little odd jobs she had used to pick up when Ranmaru had spent month long stretches away from what at that time been home.

Either way today was a good day for her: she was calm, relaxed, and (mostly) sane. Outside of the bunny ears that stuck out from the top of her head, and and her short chin length hair which was white as snow, she was dressed relatively normal for the day. A black top which tied behind her neck was worn beneath of a tan colored long sleeve shirt that hung off of her shoulders and which went halfway down her thighs because of how long it was - making it look more like a dress than an actual shirt: the long sleeves not bothering her despite the weather due to the fact that she seemed to spread coldness where ever she went naturally from her chakra nature. She wore leggings with outfit, black in color, as well as a pair of black open toed shinobi sandals: the whole outfit helping to hide her rather scrawny small form. She wore no village hitai-ate, though she did wear her weapons pouch around her right leg as well as a pouch of supplies and other materials around her left leg. Sheathed on her left was her rapier.

The eighteen year old female made her way up the main path that led to the village slowly and peacefully: she didn't want to go too slow and risk seeming like she was being sneaky, but she also didn't want to go too fast and seem like she was about to attack. So, she choose a pace that was halfway between both, her hands clasped together behind her back. She had no idea if she would be stopped or not - she had no idea how many people knew what had happened to the Senju or if he had even made it back to the village alive - so she was prepared for anything while hoping to just be able to get some much needed food.
Back to top Go down
Kurai
Harukage
Harukage
Kurai

Ryo : 13050

PostSubject: Re: Friend or Foe? [Open]   Friend or Foe? [Open] EmptySat Jul 16, 2016 2:02 pm

Paperwork. One of the things about being a Kage he couldn't stand. Others were the fact that he had 2 missing high ranking ninja, and 2 powerful maniacs out in the wilds. There was no sign of the two missing - Okami Uchiha and Muninn Senju - even through his Shinsai, which let him look anywhere in the country.  They were either in some other country, or, worse case scenario, dead. Then there was the matter of the 2 maniacs out in the woods. Morigakure was pretty low on manpower at the moment; were they to attack, he and Little Kong would have their hands full...

All too troublesome. He'd taken up the habit of rubbing his eyes when one of the patrols informed him that someone was coming towards the village matching the description of one of the 2 out in the wild. Ears like a rabbit. It was all he had to hear. So it finally looked like they were making a move... "I'll handle it," Kurai responded, standing up and putting his black jacket on. "Everyone keep your distance... leave this to me personally. She's dangerous... don't take any unnecessary risks."

Soon he could be seen walking through the village streets. Kurai was a tall young man, dressed completely in black; a black bodysuit tight around the torso but baggy around the legs. A long black jacket with the kanji for "Dust Mastery" in white on the back. Kurai was pale skinned with black hair that reached his shoulders. He walked barefoot everywhere he went so that his Yanagi Shinsai ability worked better.

Kurai saw that she matched the description that Alec gave him, albeit she was slightly older. Little Kong, his 4 foot simian partner was walking with him at his left side, looking like he was ready for combat. The girl came here alone, without Ranmaru? This had to be a trick, or a ruse. They were up to something... whatever it was, he'd find out soon enough. Kurai thought of putting a call in to Alec, but he didn't want to call in the Calvary just yet...
Back to top Go down
Kaia-Mai
Jounin (A)
Jounin (A)
Kaia-Mai

PostSubject: Re: Friend or Foe? [Open]   Friend or Foe? [Open] EmptySat Jul 16, 2016 2:22 pm

"Oh bother...", she muttered beneath her breath as she noticed that everyone was suddenly keeping their distance. Apparently, they knew who she was and what had happened with the Senju. It caused Kaia to frown a bit as she wondered what kind of lies the Senju had spread about what had happened. Herself and Ranmaru had simply been defending themselves: the Kage had come out of nowhere trying to cause trouble - he had been in a part of the forest he had no reasons being in in the first place. He had attacked them, proof of that was the very thick forest the Senju had created that had nearly impaled her and which had caused her to use one of her hidden techniques to escape. Chances were, however, that the individual coming toward her with the monkey at his side knew none of this.

Would he be willing to listen? Or was coming to this village some terrible mistake? She would likely find the answers out to her questions soon enough.

Kaia didn't even bother to change her stance; remaining peaceful and relaxed. Instead, she simply stopped walking and fell quite still as she reached the village gates. She watched through her chakra radar as the individual in the long coat with the monkey at his side moved closer. Very slowly she moved her hands out from behind her back and held them up in the air to show she had no weapons in them, nor was she trying anything funny or sly. "I did not mean to cause a fuss by coming here, I simply came to get something to eat...", Kaia explained, speaking loud enough so she could clearly be heard as her stomach growled once more. Her bunny ears twisted and swiveled, listening to everything around her as she watched and heard for anything else that could be a threat sneaking up on her.

From within her she could feel Kasai, the bijuu which resembled a giant armored swordsman, beginning to stir. His need to protect her was great, which was precisely why he was waking up in a situation that could be potentially dangerous. What would appear to be transparent set of giant armor would appear behind her - the bijuu revealing itself in what was supposed to be both a threat and a warning - before fading away. "Kasai.. stop it. You're not helping matters... I did not come here for trouble.", she muttered to the bijuu who she could hear within her head making a snorting sound: Kaia took it to mean that she had found trouble no matter what she had come looking for.
Back to top Go down
Kurai
Harukage
Harukage
Kurai

PostSubject: Re: Friend or Foe? [Open]   Friend or Foe? [Open] EmptySat Jul 16, 2016 3:12 pm

"...Because what clearly has to be a tailed beast appearing surely means you don't mean trouble," was Kurai's response.

Kua told him beforehand that she was a Jinnchuriki. This much he didn't know. This much only made things worse. The frown on his face just grew deeper. Many of the patrol shinobi were among the buildings and trees, watching the situation. Others were evacuating civilians, telling them that it was in their best interest to leave the area.

Little Kong was throwing lightning fast punches and kicks. In response to her Bijuu appearing, Kua also made his presence known. The aura of a large bull with a man's body could be briefly seen around Kurai, holding what looked to be a large hammer. Trees and the grass swayed away from Kurai, and small dust clouds were created.

"Something to eat... or do you mean someone?" asked Kurai. "I heard about what happened out in the woods, and with the way it was told to me, Muninn started first, and you and that other guy were only defending yourselves. But how can I be absolutely sure that this isn't some sort of ruse?"

Little Kong was frowning, standing in a fighting stance. "...Oh, maybe I should introduce myself. My name is Kurai Yanagi, i'm the new Harukage. Morigakure is under my watch now.  This is my partner Little Kong. And you're Kaia-Mai, correct?... I'm curious, have you manage to unlock the... what's it called again... Rinnegan?... Come to Mori to test it out, did you?... Because if the rumors are true, its the Dojutsu that gives the person who wields them the powers of a God, am I right?... That would be one of the reasons you'd be brave enough to come here alone."
Back to top Go down
Kaia-Mai
Jounin (A)
Jounin (A)
Kaia-Mai

PostSubject: Re: Friend or Foe? [Open]   Friend or Foe? [Open] EmptySat Jul 16, 2016 3:29 pm

"I apologize.. Kasai is very protective over me. He's kind of like... a second father so to speak.", she would explain with a frown. She didn't know how to prove she wasn't here to cause problems but she was sure she would be able to think of something on the fly. For now she slowly lowered her hands down, and clasped them together in front of herself. She listened to Kurai speak, explaining who he was and what position he held. Furthermore he knew of the incident that went on in the woods - the truth behind it - the fact that that Senju had come to place he didn't belong and started with them first.

But, there were other things he knew... things she didn't fully understand how. Like her name, and the fact that she hate eaten someone before. He asked her about Rinnegan and if she had managed to unlock it, while seeming to be under the impression that she had come here to test it out. Kaia's frown deepened even more.

This was definitely a mistake. But there was no turning back now.

Kaia glanced to the monkey who seemed ready to try and attack her, and then back to Kurai, sighing softly. "I did not come here with any ill intentions in mind. I simply came here for something to eat. Ranmaru is... away. He likely will be for quite a while longer, and it gets lonely out in the forest alone. As far as your question about the Rinnegan? No, I did not unlock it....nor will I. I do not seek power like that... my father did, and I saw what it did to him - what he did to me because of it." She shook her head, clearing her thoughts, and trying to keep focused on her task: she was really hungry, and just wanted some food. "As far as what I choose to eat goes, I will not lie... when you have been raised as an animal everything and everyone is food when you're desperate enough. However.. I had been hoping for something a bit more vegetarian today as far as that goes."

She pondered for a moment, head cocking to the left as her ears continued to swivel and twitch. "What could I possibly do to prove that I mean no harm?", she asked curiously while keeping her stance completely relaxed and at ease despite the growing danger she was feeling.
Back to top Go down
Kurai
Harukage
Harukage
Kurai

PostSubject: Re: Friend or Foe? [Open]   Friend or Foe? [Open] EmptySat Jul 16, 2016 4:28 pm

Kaia said that her tailed beast was like a protective, second father to her. She said she didn't come with any ill intentions, just to get something to eat.  The way she said that the other one, Ranmaru, was away made Kurai suspicious. She said she hadn't unlocked the Rinnegan, and had no plans to because of her father, who was likely power hungry and corrupt. She didn't deny being a cannibal, as she said she was raised like an animal, but spoke of "eating like a vegetarian" today.

When asked what she could do to prove she didn't have anything bad in mind, Kurai just blinked his eyes. "I don't think there's anything you can do," Kurai said. "If i'm being honest. Most of the village heard what happened, everyone's heard the story of the 'man with the living clothes and the girl with ears like a rabbit,' and here you are. Do you really think anyone would serve you?..."

Many scenarios were playing out in Kurai's head. Ranmaru could have been outside of the village somewhere, waiting for the right time to invade. Waiting for the Kage's guard to be down to feast upon the innocent villagers. Yet this was also a chance to get some intel. Maybe he could find out their intentions, and also if she and Ranmaru had anything to do with the disappearances of Okami and Muninn.

Kurai pat Little Kong on the top of his head and he stood up straight again, but didn't stop frowning. "..So seeing as I can't just turn a hungry person back out into the wilds alone, i'll personally prepare you a meal. If you'll follow me... and please remember that you're being watched. Mind yourself at all times." Kurai signaled to the patrols to go back to their routes as he turned and began heading back towards the Admin Complex. Little Kong turned to go with, keeping a frowning eye on Kaia-Mai.
Back to top Go down
Kaia-Mai
Jounin (A)
Jounin (A)
Kaia-Mai

PostSubject: Re: Friend or Foe? [Open]   Friend or Foe? [Open] EmptySat Jul 16, 2016 5:12 pm

Kurai spoke honestly, saying that there was nothing really she could say to prove that her intentions were not dark in nature. She couldn't exactly blame him for such words, even if they made her frown somewhat. She hadn't started out her life intending on being a 'bad guy', but sometimes life took you where it wanted regardless of how you felt about it. So, here she was, and she was just going to simply have to deal with it. He also mentioned how it was likely no one, considering that everyone knew about her, would be willing to serve her anyway - it was something she hadn't stopped to think about.

Just when Kaia was beginning to think that it was time to leave - that she would end up having to hunt anyway even if she hadn't wanted to - Kurai mentioned not being able to turn someone who was hungry back toward the wild. He mentioned he personally would cook for her. Now it was her turn to be a bit suspicious. He wanted to cook for her? The kage of an entire village, it's more important member, cooking for someone who by all rights should have likely been locked in chains by now? She couldn't understand his reasoning, but that did little to stop her from following him. Curiosity had killed the cat, or so the saying went, Kaia just hoped she wouldn't be next. Kaia hadn't had the best memories of Kage's in general - her father and the kage of their village at the time had experimented on her, and then the Senju had attacked them for no reason at all. So, she was hoping that the third time wouldn't be the charm in this case.

"Did the Senju die?", Kaia asked curiously, following after Kurai still and trying to ignore the looks she was getting from his monkey companion. "I still have his arm, preserved. He could have it back if he's willing to apologize. I didn't like him trying to impale me with a tree - especially when I wasn't the one to try and attack him." It was... almost childish in a way, with how she was expecting an apology before she was willing to give the Senju back his arm but then again she was very child-minded. "I kept it in good condition, it would still be usable..." There was another reason for Kaia offering this up - it was her way of trying to make peace, of trying to show that she meant no harm by being here. Of course, she had already harvested the blood from the arm, but she didn't bother mentioning that.
Back to top Go down
Kurai
Harukage
Harukage
Kurai

PostSubject: Re: Friend or Foe? [Open]   Friend or Foe? [Open] EmptySat Jul 16, 2016 7:41 pm

Kurai had to wave down a few people and patrol men. Several times he mouthed the words "I have it under control." If his sister was somewhere watching, he figured she would have a pretty good idea what was up: intel. Kurai even turned Little Kong around so that he wasn't giving her the evil eye. He gave his simian partner a look to reassure him that nothing would go wrong.

Kaia-Mai then asked if Muninn was dead. This meant that she didn't know what happened to him. That, or it was a ruse to throw him off. She said she still had the arm preserved, and would give it back if Muninn apologized. Furthermore she said Muninn attacked first, attempting to impale her with a tree. Kurai didn't really know what to think. Had that idiot really gone out there and thrown the first punch?

"I honestly can't tell you," replied Kurai. "He and another shinobi from this village have been missing for quite some time. Suspicion on their disappearances have been on you and that friend of yours. But, now you're asking if he died or not, so who's to say?... I can tell you that after it happened, he went to another village for medical treatment... After that, it's anyone's guess..."

Kurai walked into the Admin Complex. The secretary started to say something, but fell silent when she saw Kaia-Mai. The expression on her face was mostly of fear. Kurai waved a hand at her. "Relax," he said. "I have this under control." He gave a glance to more of the village ninja around them, all with hands on swords and kunai. Kurai and Little Kong lead her into the rear, where there was a kitchen and several tables. The few people in there, upon seeing the girl with the rabbit ears, quickly cleared out of the room.

"Have a seat," Kurai said, gathering eggs and bacon from the refrigerator. "So you have to understand how this looks... You, showing up alone to the village. Would that friend of yours really leave you to fend for yourself out there?... There has to be more to you just being hungry for you to bravely walk into a village where most every one knows you as a violent maniac, criminal and cannibal. Care to explain?..."
Back to top Go down
Kaia-Mai
Jounin (A)
Jounin (A)
Kaia-Mai

PostSubject: Re: Friend or Foe? [Open]   Friend or Foe? [Open] EmptySat Jul 16, 2016 8:00 pm

Kurai said he honestly couldn't tell her where the Senju was, that he and another villager had disappeared. He said that the Senju had gone to another village for medical treatment, but whatever had happened to him after that was anyone's guess. Kaia, if anything was amused by this information. Were there not any medics in this village with talent enough to fix up a torn off limb? It was child's play for Kaia, for most medics like her, so the answer was probably not. Though... that could have changed with time and new leadership, who knew? Kurai was... acting far better, far different, then the Senju had, so chances were things had improved greatly around the village. But, Kaia was guessing and assuming, she had nothing concrete quite yet.

As they walked Kaia was quite aware through her chakra radar of the people around who were either fearful, weary, or a bit of both. Some had even grabbed weapons when they saw her. In another mood this would have amused her, but as it was it didn't: Kaia had so far done nothing wrong. Even defending herself she hadn't attacked the Senju back. Yet, here she was being treated as a monster. "I'm curious to hear what the Senju had to say about me... the way these people act, it's as if I've done something wrong. I haven't though... even when the Senju attacked me I didn't raise a hand to harm him. I simply got myself out of the way. Yet... they act like I tried to kill him or worse." It was... almost hurtful, really.

As they made their way into the Admin Complex Kurai had to tell several others to relax, including those who had reached for weapons. Still, Kaia kept her walking stance relaxed and refrained from reaching or her own. Her hands remained clasped loosely in front of her and in plain view of all. When they entered the kitchen the room cleared. Kaia sat as instructed, placing her hands on the table top to keep them in plain view as before. "I don't think you quite understand how Ranmaru and my relationship is. I don't control him, nor do I even try to tell him what to do: the fact that he hasn't killed me yet is a miracle. Ranmaru has... no sense of time. What is a few days in a normal person's mind is weeks or months or even years in his. For most of my life growing up after he saved me from my father's attempt to end my existence for the soul purpose of stealing my eyes, I spent my time alone in a cabin while he was off wandering the rest of the world. I had to learn to hunt, and to survive on my own. That was.. just the way life was. Ranmaru would leave, stay gone for sometimes even years, and then return as if he had seen me only minutes ago. Even now, Ranmaru is supposed to be out scouting our next location to camp - we... well I felt it best we move further away from the village. He said he would be back soon, but knowing his pattern it might be months again before I see him.

Kaia bit her bottom lip, contemplating on telling Kurai how she felt to better explain why she came into the village. "I came because I was also lonely and bored. I... didn't realize the extent of the lie that that Senju has clearly spread. For these people to fear me... when I do not even actually have a criminal record is appalling. Even in my home village I only killed when I was attacked first: the kage there never held it against me because of that. Did I sometimes eat those I killed? Yes. It was that or I starved to death in the frozen wastelands. Like I said... I had to survive, or die. There was no middle ground. As far as being violent goes? I won't lie... sometimes I can get a bit carried away with my antics. But again, I have never laid a hand on anyone who has not tried to harm my first." Kaia was a bit... peeved. That Senju had caused her problems apparently, more than she had realized. These people thought her a monster... even though she had came here to try and establish perhaps even the hint of a friendship. All of that seemed ruined, now. " ... coming here. Thinking to find a friend, someone who wouldn't leave me for months or years on end... This was a mistake."

Kaia sighed softly. "I did not realize how badly a monster I seemed...and I have no idea how to fix it: I don't have much practice in relating to people. It was always the same growing up - I killed or I was killed. I did what my father told me, or I too would die. When Ranmaru took over my care... I spent so much time alone I never learned how to relate to people in a way to even begin to fathom how to fix such a situation." It was brutal, raw honesty... she had no reason to lie, saw no purpose in it, so she was being completely open and truthful.
Back to top Go down
Kurai
Harukage
Harukage
Kurai

PostSubject: Re: Friend or Foe? [Open]   Friend or Foe? [Open] EmptySat Jul 16, 2016 8:55 pm

As Kurai began to fix the girl a plate of food, he listened to her tell her story. Little Kong was seated on a counter nearby. Kurai looked at his simian pal every so often, as animals could tell if something was up with people better than other people could, at least those without any special sensory. Little Kong wasn't frowning anymore, and he wasn't reacting badly, which meant she was lilely telling the truth. She also seemed pretty irritated that so many took to her like a violent psycho. That, or she was putting on a really convincing act.

She said Ranmaru had saved her from her father, who sounded like the typical power hungry Uchiha. But Ranmaru sounded, for lack of a better word, off. He had no concept of time, and sometimes left the girl alone for weeks or even months. She was left with no choice but to learn to survive like an animal. She owned up to her faults, and said she did most of the things she did merely to survive.

Kurai fixed her eggs, bacon and toast, right in front of her so that she could see it prepared, and wouldn't suspect that he was trying to poison her or anything of the sort. Little Kong wasn't looking so evil anymore; he looked calm. Kurai went over and put the plate of food in front of her with a fork. He also poured her a glass of a fruit flavored beverage and put it next to the plate. He slid his hands into his jacket pockets and stared a while. The girl wouldn't have any real reason to lie. Would she try to attack the village? Would Ranmaru? He and his sister wouldn't let anything happen to Morigakure.

"...I don't think it healthy to stay out in the wilds by yourself, hunting like some feral animal," Kurai said. "...At the same time it wouldn't be a good idea for you to stay here. Whatever whoever said about you and Ranmaru has been sewn in too deep... I have friends not far from here, in Kurayamigakure. It's a village that's always dark, even in the middle of the day. The Kuraikage, his name is Alec Kane, he's a good friend of mine. He doesn't judge, if I were to explain things to him, he could find a place for you there. There's girls there your age, you could make plenty of friends..."

Kurai fed some left over bacon to Little Kong. "There's a large group of your clan living there, the Uchiha. If you'd be at home anywhere I think it would be there... I'm going out on a limb by telling you this. I heard you and your friend don't usually have the best of luck with Kage, and usually end up having to defend yourself, like with that idiot Senju... I have to admit, I wasn't too particular about that guy myself. But I hope i'm showing you that all Kage aren't bad. Alec is the same way... So, what do you say? Shall I put out a word to him? See what he says?"
Back to top Go down
Kaia-Mai
Jounin (A)
Jounin (A)
Kaia-Mai

PostSubject: Re: Friend or Foe? [Open]   Friend or Foe? [Open] EmptySat Jul 16, 2016 9:11 pm

Kaia was able to watch Kurai while he prepared her food, and detected no traces of him trying to poison it nor saw such a thing. It made her wonder exactly why he was doing such a good thing for someone he didn't know. Either way she wasn't going to question it as her stomach roared once more from hunger. He put the plate in front of her along with a fork, and then a glass of a fruity smelling beverage. Kaia picked up the fork, thankful that she knew table manners, but paused before eating. "Thank you.", she said before spearing a good portion of eggs with the fork and eating it. She chewed quickly, with her mouth closed. As she swallowed her first bite she picked up a piece of bacon and ate some of that too. She ate in silence, having to remind herself several times to slow down so that she didn't eat too fast and make herself sick.

Kurai finally began to speak again, and Kaia listened intently. He said that he didn't think it healthy to stay out in the wilds like she was by herself having to hunt like a feral animal. He also mentioned though that it wouldn't be a good idea for her to stay in the village - the rumors that had been spread about her were too deeply ingrained in the people by now for it to work out. He seemed to have a solution to this though, a friend of his living in Kurayamigakure: the Kuraikage named Alec Kane. She said that this man didn't judge people, and that if Kurai explained things to him he could find a place for her there. He mentioned the fact that there were girls there her age, so she stood a chance at making some friends. He also mentioned the Uchiha living there which caused her ears to twitch in curiosity while she took a bite of her toast and began chewing it: she had never really spent time around other Uchiha before given her father's criminal lifestyle.

He mentioned then that he had heard her and Ranmaru didn't have the best of luck when it came to Kage, but that he was telling her this to prove that not all Kage were the same. Kaia looked thoughtful for a moment, and took a sip of her drink before speaking. "When I was a little girl my father and the Kage of our village saw what they called my potential. They wanted me to become a weapon for their use; they said for the good of the village but really it was for the good of themselves. They experimented on me, which is why I look like I am now. It was... painful beyond what words can describe. So you're right, I do not have the best of luck when it comes to dealing with Kage. However... you have definitely shown me not all of them are the same."

Kaia nodded her head then, thinking it a wise idea she try and go to Kurayamigakure. "I would appreciate it if you put a call out to this friend of yours. It would be... nice... to have a home to call my own, and a place to belong." She didn't quite know what Ranmaru would think about all of this, but she would cross that bridge when they got to it.

Wordcount this Thread: 3,323
Wordcount Total Overall: 11,127
Back to top Go down
Kurai
Harukage
Harukage
Kurai

PostSubject: Re: Friend or Foe? [Open]   Friend or Foe? [Open] EmptySun Jul 17, 2016 12:10 pm

"Hunh... Alec has enough "weapons" ... some of them are his own kids. You could say he's one himself. He's against people being used as guinea pigs too, so I think you'd be at home in Kurayami. I'll see what he says..."

If what she was saying was true, then maybe she wasn't all that bad. Kurai couldn't really speak for the other guy though. He sounded a few cards short of a full deck, and probably wouldn't take too well to this girl living in a village now. But if there was somewhere she would fit in, it had to be Kurayami with Alec and the others.

Kurai put a hand to his left ear. "Alec, you there?... I have a situation here in Mori. One of the 2 out in the forest showed up here in the village, the younger one. She explained things and it doesn't sound like she's so bad. My investigators tell me that it was Muninn who initiated the whole conflict. The girl has been separated from Ranmaru and has been fending for herself, and from what she tells me, he can be gone weeks or months at a time. I can tell if someone is lying to me and she seems genuine. Word has spread around the village and I don't think it would be a good idea for her to remain here, so I suggested you, with Kurayami's numbers and you being an expert on Uchiha and all. I can give you more details in person if you want. What do you think?..."

Kurai was hoping this whole situation didn't come back to bite him in the ass. If she were to try something out there though, it would be suicide.
Back to top Go down
Alec Kane
Kuraikage
Kuraikage
Alec Kane

Ryo : 9253

PostSubject: Re: Friend or Foe? [Open]   Friend or Foe? [Open] EmptySun Jul 17, 2016 12:12 pm

Alec was sitting in his smoke filled office, intoxicated. The air ship was nearly done. The floating landmass seemed to be settling near the desert; maybe the inhabitants were visting there?... Or preparing an invasion. In which case, Alec would see it before it happened, and planned to join into that. Holeman was too important an ally, along with Emiko and the others, and a goold old war would be something he couldn't miss out on.

There was chatter from the private line. Kurai rang in and began to explain a situation. "One of the 2 out in the forest showed up here in the village, the younger one. She explained things and it doesn't sound like she's so bad. My investigators tell me that it was Muninn who initiated the whole conflict. The girl has been separated from Ranmaru and has been fending for herself, and from what she tells me, he can be gone weeks or months at a time. I can tell if someone is lying to me and she seems genuine. Word has spread around the village and I don't think it would be a good idea for her to remain here, so I suggested you, with Kurayami's numbers and you being an expert on Uchiha and all. I can give you more details in person if you want. What do you think?..."

It sounded pretty interesting. One of the maniacs who turned out to be not so maniacal. If she were here, she'd be somewhere he could keep an eye on her, and one less problem. Ranmaru though... What would he do once he found out she were here? Would he attack? It would give the boys some exercise. Alec himself would step in if things got too serious. All too interesting...

"Sounds like a good idea, Kurai," Alec responded, exhaling green colored smoke. "Why don't you have one of your clones escort her here so he can fill in the blanks? Maybe she could live in the Uchiha compound with the rest of her clan, seeing as none of them know who she really is. We'll keep it tight lipped. Should I be expecting you soon, then?..."
Back to top Go down
Kaia-Mai
Jounin (A)
Jounin (A)
Kaia-Mai

PostSubject: Re: Friend or Foe? [Open]   Friend or Foe? [Open] EmptySun Jul 17, 2016 1:28 pm

Kaia remained completely silent while Kurai spoke, wondering if the leader of Kurayami was that close. As far as Kaia knew wireless communicators didn't work beyond two miles at the most - it was why her and Ranmaru never bothered to use them. That, and they had other means to communicate that most humans couldn't pick up - animal sounds, gestures, and that sort. So, her curiosity was definitely peaked.

She continued to eat while Kurai explained to the Kuraikage what was going on, and how it was Munnin who had attacked first. As well as about her and Ranmaru being separated at the moment. Kaia didn't mind what the Kuraikage knew - in fact, the more information given likely the less questions she woul have to answer later on. Plus, it would... break the ice? If that was the proper term she was thinking of.

Several bites of toast later and she was finished with her plate, her stomach no longer growling and roaring in protest of being empty. She patted herself on the stomach, feeling full and even a tad bit tired given all of the food she had just eaten. It wasn't often she felt this full out in the wild - she had more than enough to keep her going most days, but not enough to really be properly full. It was nice in a way, but also strange since she wasn't used to it. Kaia turned her focus onto the fruity smelling drink in front of her, picking it up, and quickly finishing it off too. "That was delicious.", she said with a genuine smile spreading across her face.

With her drink and food completely finished she would finally turn her attention fully onto Kurai, wondering what Alec Kane had said in response to the question that had been asked. Was she allowed to go? Or would she have to find some other place to stay? Munnin had certainly caused her some problems - and chances were if she had to face him sometime in the future she wouldn't be acting all nice to him and giving him back his arm. Hell, she would probably end up beating him with it.

Thread Wordcount: 3,687
Overall Wordcount: 11,491
Back to top Go down
Kurai
Harukage
Harukage
Kurai

PostSubject: Re: Friend or Foe? [Open]   Friend or Foe? [Open] EmptySun Jul 17, 2016 3:16 pm

Kurai poured himself and Little Kong glasses of the fruity beverage. Little Kong took the glass handed to him and sniffed it several times, taking a drink before continuing to eat the bacon given to him earlier. Kaia-Mai seemed satisfied with the meal, judging from the smile on her face. Kurai wondered when she last was able to sit at a table like this and eat, rather than catch and eat food in the wild.

"Alec said you could come to Kurayami," Kurai said after swallowing juice. "I'll make a clone to escort you there. You want more to eat or are you full?" Kurai drank more juice. "Anyways, when you get there I think you'll find it more to your liking than here. You'll see what I mean when you get there. Alec, he's... he's kind of a dark fellow. Sorta crazy... not like your friend with the clothes, but... like I said, you'll see what I mean..."

Every so often he looked at Little Kong, to see his moods. He was calm; if anything was out of the ordinary he wouldn't hesitate to let it be known. Kurai formed several hand signs and created an identical shadow clone. "I'm only temporary Harukage here, by the way," Kurai said. "I'm actually from Kurayami. I was asked to come here and shape this place up just in case you and your friend decided to attack this place, and also to show the Senju and another moron a thing or two... But, the rwo of them are missing, and here you are. So, when someone suitable comes along to wear the hat, you might see me and Little Kong around..."

Shadow Clone:

The actual Kurai and Little Kong went to leave the kitchen. "Nice to get clarification on things, Kaia-Mai... Sorry that everyone else can't feel the same way. You won't have this issue in Kurayami. have a safe journey there..." He and Little Kong left out.

"Ready when you are," said Kurai's clone.

Chakra: 900/1100
Back to top Go down
Kaia-Mai
Jounin (A)
Jounin (A)
Kaia-Mai

PostSubject: Re: Friend or Foe? [Open]   Friend or Foe? [Open] EmptySun Jul 17, 2016 4:43 pm

Kurai announced that Alec Kane had okayed her going to Kurayamigakure, which made Kaia smile once more. The idea of having a village to call home, a place to settle down in and to plant roots in a manner of speaking, was quite nice. But, then again, she still had to meet this fellow, and from what Kurai said while he was a good guy he was also a little crazy. He wasn't in league with the craziness that was Uncle Ranmaru, but still out there. She just hoped she would get along with the Kuraikage as well as she got along with the Harukage.

"I'm stuffed, thanks again.", she responded to answer his question. She didn't think she could honestly eat another bite. In a bid to show she had some manners she took her plate and glass to the sink and rinsed both off thoroughly. She listened as he went on to explain that the position he held was temporary and as soon as he found a replacement she would likely see him and Little Kong around Kurayamigakure. Kaia nodded to this information with a smile.

Kurai made a clone of himself, an exact replica, and she figured this would be her traveling partner to Kurayamigakure. "Don't worry, Kurai.. if the world has taught me anything its that some people cannot help how they think and feel... I don't judge them for how they feel about me. The Senju... yes. But not the rest.", she would respond thoughtfully before waving goodbye to the real Kurai and Little Kong. Her focus would then shift to the clone. "I'm ready, let's go!" While Kaia was not in a hurry to go and get stared at more, let alone deal with the hostility, she was ready to go to Kurayamigakure and try and make a place for herself there. She had skills, lots of them, more than enough to use to help earn her keep if needed; so long as the people there didn't treat her like the villagers here she would be happy.

Thread Wordcount: 4,035
Overall Wordcount: 11,839
Back to top Go down
Kurai
Harukage
Harukage
Kurai

PostSubject: Re: Friend or Foe? [Open]   Friend or Foe? [Open] EmptySun Jul 17, 2016 6:03 pm

Clone Kurai walked out of the kitchen. He stepped back through the admin complex and out the front doors. Most of the people who'd been standing around were gone now; not many were still outside and in the streets. Clone Kurai began a slow jog through the streets, waving at several who recognized him, but were unaware that he was just a clone.

Kaia-Mai had a lot of chakra built up in her, and easily went toe to toe with a Kage - even with him being an idiot - so Kurai was sure she could keep up. Outside of the village Clone Kurai broke out into a full run. He followed the forest path until the trees disappeared and a plain appeared. Every so often he would have to dodge other people on the road, who probably didn't see anything but a black blur.

The plains turned into desert, and it suddenly became blazing hot. Sabakugakure was nearby, but it wasn't the destination. Clone Kurai looked over in the direction of the village while passing it by. Further in the distance, the horizon was dark. The scenery became more gloomy and dead the further he ran, and the people walking thinned to a several few.

Eventually it was dark as if it were night. Things were moving around in the darkness; inhuman, slimy, creepy things. After so long in the wilds, a huge village came into view. Clone Kurai slowed his run into a jog, then to a walk. "Kurayamigakure," Clone Kurai said. "I don't know if you've ever heard of it... I'm sure Alec will tell you all about it..."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Friend or Foe? [Open]   Friend or Foe? [Open] Empty

Back to top Go down

Friend or Foe? [Open]
Page 1 of 1